Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YuppieScum

Build 2194!

MS have put a "build2194" directory (currently inaccessible) on their beta program FTP server.

Is this going to be another incremental, or GOLD?

no wya> I jsut checked that 18 hours ago and there was nothing, good find smile.gif

It was announced sometime last week that there was going to be a post-RC3 release for some security issues that popped up in RC3 but were not in RC2. I believe that I read the story over at ZDNet (or in PCWeek or InfoWorld... or one of the twelve weekly magazines I get....)

At least, I think it was last week... Sorry guys, but I'm getting married soon and I think I'm losing my mind already....

------------------

J. Byron Todd

Computer Consultant

byron@toddcomp.com

Todd Computer Solutions

Hey Byron! Many congrats!

where is everybody? i posted late EST, and now there are three comments! is everyone in california, or just lacking in having a life? smile.gif

Not lacking in life....

Just making the most of it while I still control most of my own schedule.... smile.gif

Actually, I'm part insomniac too.

Yeah, I think I have that insomnia gene too...2AM here, what TZ are you in?

FWIW, build 2194 is now available - d/l'ing now...

Just because you have a previous version of Win2K does not mean that you are part of Microsoft's official Beta program. Meaning that unless you are a part of the official beta testing group (and you would already know this if you were, because you would have that beta id and password), that the only way to get another build of Win2K is to find someone who is an official beta tester or find someone who has posted links to the latest build.

As for me, I'm running RC3 and the only reason that I got it is that my programmer joined the Microsoft Developer Network as a Universal Subscriber... I get everything but the Microsoft games now... smile.gif

As a PS... there might be somebody who goes by the handle chameleon that might be accessing Build 2194 and might be able to provide links to Build 2194... Though I wouldn't really know... smile.gif

Thanks for the info ByronT. After doing so looking I see that as part of the CPP I'm not really a part of one of the beta groups. I'll see if someone will help me out with this.

Do y'all upgrade you installs or do it fresh everytime? That's pretty hardcore if y'all do a fresh install everytime. smile.gif

I installed 2128 and after this I updated my system about 6 or 7 times with builds 2134, 2154, 2172 and 2183. And the system is damn stable.

I'm doing upgrades with the pre-release stuff, but will do a fesh install with the "real" thing.

Regards...

I have a seperate partition that I upgrade then "clean install" each new release to - then if it's stable after a few days it upgrades the main partition.

Once W2K gets RTM, I'll do a clean install, and re-install Office2K and things.

I have three drives, two scsi one ide. I use one of the scsi drives for win2k, and reformat it everytime I install a new build of win2k. I have a program folder on another drive that contains some apps (games too) that don't need to be reinstalled. Works great.

YuppieScum, word is the final is supposed to be out this month.

I'm currently using

This AMD K6-2 @ 425Mhz running Windows 2000 (2183) with 84,360k of 130,544k ram free been up for 12 days, 14 hours, 11 minutes, 34 seconds

very stable.