Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Palos

Website software?

Well, I just obtained some webspace somewhere and I want to make myself a homepage smile The problem is I did HTML a long time ago, and although I can still use it, i'm not so hot about it anymore.

I would like to buy some software that enables me to build pages using Themes or Templates, like really nice looking not some generic 3 colour stuff that comes with Frontpage 2002 for example. Some Javascript rollovers, image maps maybe, must have enough eye candy and be easy to use smile My g/f will post stuff there too, so it has to be appealing for her too, right? laugh

What do you guys recommend? I tried FP2002 and it kinda sucks, the themes are poor and any good ones I find on the net, you have to buy...forget that.

try dreamweaver. MX is just out about a month ago...

It does everything you asked and more.

It is a bit pricey though since it is a prof. tool.

But you can try out the preview version.

Quote:
http://www.asp.net/webmatrix/default.aspx?tabindex=4&tabid=46

This is free, based on Visual Studio.NET, and might have the templates (or community support with add-ons) you are looking for.

Yes but he does not know how to build a website. Otherwise he wouldn't ask for what to use. D U think it is wise to push him into aspx and all the .net goodies?

As much as i played around with matrix it is not for inexperienced or the faint hearted. Am i correct?

On the other hand looking with the same perspective i believe if he takes my advice and tries DW MX, My ears are going to be ringing constantly due to his cursing my name smile

But I dunno what else to offer? I don't use FP crap and DW is so far the second best out there right after the Windows Notepad laugh

If you want something that is comprehensive and relatively easy I would recommend HTMLGate. I've only used an earlier version of the program but I remember it be a great program for beginners and somewhat experienced users.