Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DARTH maul

Best drivers for GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB......anyone?

I have the MSI GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB card.

I installed Windows XP Pro using Standard PC mode and IRQ 11 is used for my video card, no sharing. IRQ 5 is used for my SB Audigy, no sharing. IRQ 10 is used for my Promise ATA100 controller, again no sharing.

All windows updates and office updates are applied. Nothing in Startup, no sounds enabled, lots of tweaks applied. Nothing in scheduled and nothing running in msconfig under startup, except ctfmon.

What NVidia drivers are the best for performance and stability?

My friend has a Radeon 8500 64MB card and when he plays NeverWinter Knights and uses maximum FSAA, its smooth. But when I play NeverWinter Knights using maximum FSAA, its very jerky and gross.

Why such the difference?

My card is not over-clocked.

I'm currently using the official NVidia 30.82 reference drivers.

What processor/amount of RAM do you have? This is a big deciding factor in game performance along with video card. Also, what are you sound settings for the game? EAX? What are your friends sound settings and processor/RAM? In order to diagnose the problem, we need to know these things.

The 30.82 drivers should be fine. They are the most updated, and ive yet to hear any major problems with them.

I have an AthlonXP 1700+ under-clocked at 1.1 GHz because I'm using my old Asus A7V mobo (VIA KT133 chipset = 100 MHz).

I also have 3x128MB PC133 CAS2 SDRAM DIMMS = 384MB RAM.

My friend has the same chipset but a Gigabyte mobo. He runs the old T-Bird 1.2 GHz.

He also has 448 MB PC133 CAS3 ram running in PC100 CAS2 mode.

Yes, I use EAX and Creative Labs 3 for playing NeverWinter Knights.

Does this help?