Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
IMoM

OpenGL drivers for G400 & rc3 ?

Does anyone know if it is possible to install the OpenGL drivers for a G400 graphic cards running with Win2k rc3 ?

Thanks in advance.

-IMoM

There are currently no 3D drivers of any sort for the G400 under W2K.

The bastards at Matrox have been promising them for ages, but all they've released is a pre-beta 2D driver.

They are now public. It's not easy getting games to work with this version. They either crash, go slow or have artifacts.

I really look forward to their next release. If it fixes the crashing in d3d games I can play unreal, mechwarrior, expendable and probably drakan without the machine to freeze. Nocturne however, is currently playable.

I've d/l'ed and installed the new drivers for the G400, and tried some games. Quake3 doesn't work at all, Wheel of Time doesn't work anymore, while it used to run with the old drivers. Do you have any solution, as it seems someone has been able to make them run, with the 2183 built.

philippe.gif -IMoM, someflagofwhoknows.gif

d00ds & d00dettes,

Well it seems the new beta release drivers for win2k works.. GREAT

Attempting to install the win2k drivers on top of the earlier win2k 4.90 drivers will crash or not work at all with your games...

i've experienced it... i reinstalled a fresh copy of win2k and the first thing i did was install the g400 drivers... viola.

restarted and it worked like a million bucks..

the best way to get the drivers working and playing quake 3 is to reinstall win2k fresh or if you're an advance user and know who to wipe all the old drivers and files out of the registry...

win2k handles that just fine. If you wanto be safe though, start device manager and uninstall the g400.

more, the 5.00 drivers like rc3 best.