Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jerry Atrik

Guys: I need a Quake III timedemo Demo for 1.31 build of Q3!

Make sure you set a standard if we are all gonna do tests smile

High Quality/Sound On etc?

i think it's in the pak file but i stubled on it by accident.

the q2 file was demo1.dm2

so i added the 3 and viola'

i believe there is a demo1 and a demo2

if i remember correctly one of the 2 demos run a little slower than the other.

been so long though

as for other parameters m4carbine...

i only installed q3 to do some testing so everything else was default.

most of what i know about q3 has been learned playing q2 and wolf

Quake 3 is 1 of the few games that actually supports SMP, so it will be interesting to see the difference a dual cpu can make to it. smile

PC is currently running at 2200 at the moment though, as running it at that speed i can make it virtually silent smile and i get annoying cold boot problems running over 138mhz fsb ;( (Known issue on the TH7-II :()

just type in demo1.dm3 and see if it demos

as far as multi processors go...

i know of no "multi" setting for quake3 engine but i will try the smp command just for kicks

i got these things "hyperthreaded"

which means that the os (and few other programs) see 4 processors

some programs actually run slower but wolf seems to cruise right along.

i can see all "4" processors being used differently while im in wolf so im just gonna guess that the os/wolf is threading each of them.

which one i dont know yet

yea

open the console and type

demo demo1.dm3

should do the demo... if it does type

timedemo 1

demo demo1.dm3

should give u the covented frames

laugh

ok smp on:

processor #3 is spiked #4 is 1/2 way

1 and 2 are quiet for a total of 20% or so

smp off

all processors are working together but different (it's supposed to be that way)

for a total of about 20%

i think hyperthreading doesnt interact with the smp 1 command that well

both use the same percent cpu but smp 0 is more balanced.

it also crashed twice with it on and the maps loaded slower.

Will do, but can someone send me the demo you guys are using ? smile

Also, my GF4 is pink so i hope your scared laugh

280/580 at default, but it can run as a ti4600 with no problem, which i beleve is 300/650 ? smile Not tried any higher than this.

Ive always wanted a Gainward card so i was well happy when i finally managed to get 1 smile

CPUs at 2200 atm as i can run it virtually silent at that speed 8) , but ill stick it up to 2.4 for testing.

If you want the old FOUR_DM.66 in Q3 1.31. Just do this, browse to your 'Quake 3' folder and then into your 'Baseq3' folder. Look for the file 'pak6.pk3' it should be around 7 megabytes or so. Open that file up in some ZIP program like WinRar that can open up ZIP files. You'll a see a 'demos' folder in the ZIP. In that folder you will see the file four_dm.66 extract that file and put it into your Q3\Baseq3\Demos folder and rename the file to four_dm.67. Then go into Quake 3, in the console type 'timedemo 1' and go to demos and you'll see it in there.

id software just changed the protocol version in 1.31 to 67 from 66 which was in 1.3, any demo that worked in 1.3 just needs to be renamed.

Not a problem AlecStarr, its good to see you prowling these forums again. smile

No quake benchies take precedence, jeez get your priorities right laugh

Spiffy, now does anybody have a basic config file (or at least one that everyone can agree on) to run the benches with? Mine is so modified that I can't remember what I would need to do to bring it back to stock (modified FOV, no gibs, gamma, etc).

Found mine smile are we using the demo that was mentioned above?

I was, and I made a couple of passes with what I *think* is my old stock q3config file. So, at 1024x768x32bit@85Hz I get about 230fps+ with everything turned on and set to max. But as I mentioned it would be better to come up with a common one that everyone can get and bench with. My normal file runs closer to 400fps if I remember correctly since I have everything turned off and a fairly high contrast setup (plus a 110*FOV).

Anyone up for some 3dmark score comparason as well?

If it's an app that I have to install (as opposed to run as a simple EXE), then no thanks. I don't care for benchmarking utilities that I have to install and I only fiddle with them if I am going through a *major* jump in hardware at the time.

3dmark

is that a "mad onion" thingy?

i got sandra 2000 sunthin installed

mostly to monitor temps and stuff but it has a multimedia benchmark doo-hicky on it

It should work, it should be in a "demos" folder inside the baseq3 folder named like this

four.dm_67

Launch Q3 then bring up the console, type timedemo 1. Then exit the console, click demos on the game menu, select four.dm_67 and then click play, once it is finished, bring up the console to see the results.