Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Squid

Problem with Outlook XP contacts and Word XP

For some reason, using Word XP as my e-mail editor for Outlook XP, I cannot access my contacts/address book through Word by clicking the "To..." button. It comes up with the error message "The address list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with the address list could not be opened...". How can I tell Word where the appropriate contacts list is?

In either the folder list or the outlook bar, right click Contacts and select Properties. Select the Outlook Address Book tab and make sure Show this folder as an email address book is checked. Do this for each Contacts folder that you want to use.

If you were previously using Outlook Express, export the Address Book as a Microsoft Outlook file and then import it back in to Outlook XP

I tried your suggestion Davros - still doesn't work, unfortunately. Any other ideas?

Try this:

Click Tools-->Address Book, then in the address book window click Tools-->Options, then in the "Show this address list first" dropdown box, select another address list from the one you have. (you may have 2 "Contacts" address lists listed from an import or something a while back).