Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DosFreak

The: What Computer Part did you buy this week thread

Quote:

Who did you get this system from?

that is SUCH BS if you open your case it will void the warrenty - so if u want a rma upgrade you have to send your WHOLE case to the shop

that is BS

Who did this syetm for you, PLEASE let me know

did they put sticks on the joints to say if it is broken the warrenty is void?

let me know full details, sure there is a way around it

P.S have u been over to
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/index.php?s=

may want tro check it our if your getting into O/C'n alot.

It's one of the biggest computer shops in our country called ComTron.

Yes they put stickers on the joints frown

If I want to change anything I have to take it tho them and they charge for it.

They said that they don't want anyone to add any components that would damage the computer ... Yeah BS

I'll tear of the sticker sooner or later anyway, but it still sucks.

Quote:

Yes they put stickers on the joints frown

Wow, they give you complimentary weed with the PC? Hell, I wouldn't think that the warranty (or the PC, or anything else) would matter much...

laugh

lol

that ius such BS - just a way to screw the person over for more money

steam off the stickers, do what u want - u have to take it back, steam off the stickers again, take out whatever and glue them back on smile

Going to the dark side of cooling. Ordered a Swiftech MCW5000A waterblock, Hydor L20 pump, 20ft (better safe than sorry) of 3/8" ID/1/2" OD Tygon tubing, and currently have a car heater core for my radiator. I need to pick up a T fitting here as well.

Quote:
Going to the dark side of cooling. Ordered a Swiftech MCW5000A waterblock, Hydor L20 pump, 20ft (better safe than sorry) of 3/8" ID/1/2" OD Tygon tubing, and currently have a car heater core for my radiator. I need to pick up a T fitting here as well.

What are you using the T fitting for, this will serious slow down your water flow...if u use it to seprate to cool 2 water blocks.,

as for the Hydor L20 pump - i got one myself anf frankly i think it is kind of crap..lol so i am gettin ght eheim now.
the l20 i will use for just my video card and uyse the ehiem for my cpu and north bridge.

I'm not using a resevoir, and am using a T fitting to provide a way to add water. I'm currently just using a single CPU waterblock in the system.

Looks like I'm in the P4 race again. I'm sure the nForce 2 boards are nice, but they're so f'in picky with RAM, I've not gotten one to work...and have tried several different brands to boot. Returned the nF2 and got the MSI 856P Neo. Cheap and basic, but should be much less of a headache with the RAM....just need to sell some crap lying around and get a P4 to go with it.

Plus the P4's tend to overclock nice with out getting hot enough to cook a 3 inch steak! (p4 2.4 any 400,533,800 - are all intels sweet chips)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, steak! DOH!

Just ordered a laptop

After much debating I went with the Compaq x1030

Has a 1.4 Centrino, Radeon 9200, and a nice wide screen

Compusa had a great deal on it , and I got it cheap

It was actually just over a week ago now, but I've got myself a Saphire Radeon 9600 Pro VIVO. Cost me £146.86 from Blisware. I know Komplett do it about £16 cheaper, but they don't take Solo, whereas Blisware does. Card's great, but the drivers need some work.

Yeah, I've noticed a couple of companies doing DVD writers that can do 8x, the only snag is that whilst they do +R at 8x, they only do -R at 4x.

Yeah, but since I'm archiving a bunch of WinRAR 3.xx archives, I just use Nero 6 and away I go onto some cheap DVD+R media I picked up at Office Depot wink

I'll have to go back for some more as well, if the sale is still on that is.

Got myself a Logitech MX 900. Nice and it's really a Bluetooth mouse as apposed to the Microsoft attempt at it.

Persuaded all my family to get me various parts for a Shuttle (nForce based) HTPC for Christmas.

I'm now working on turning it into a fully-fledged TV/DVD player/recorder with the ability to show DVB (digital TV) broadcasts - at this rate, I should be able to replace 3 boxes under the TV (VCR, DVD-player & digibox) with this one machine.

I may looking at getting another video card though, I'm not overly impressed with the onboard TV-out signal - diagonal lines and "crackles" all across the picture - any suggestions anyone?

Rgds

AndyF

Quote:
I may looking at getting another video card though, I'm not overly impressed with the onboard TV-out signal - diagonal lines and "crackles" all across the picture - any suggestions anyone?

I readt that Radeons and Maxtrox cards have the best TV out. If you have a HDTV or a TV that can take component video in, get yourself a Radeon which supports the conponent video dongle for the best TV out.

Quote:
Well, I bit the bullet... & got a new videocard! ATI 9800XT...

You won't regret it. I picked up the 9700 back when it first came out in 2002. First ATI card I actually bought since the Rage days....I'd seen WAY too much trouble with ATI throughout the years at work and on friends machines to even bother. Even the Radeon's before the 9700 were kinda quirky. After the 9700 I haven't bought an Nvidia card personally...only in situations such as old computers with no AGP where I would get the PCI Nvidia because the performance beat the Radeon's would I buy an Nvidia part.

Been looking at the 9800XT but the performance isn't that drastic over the 9700 (at least that's what I've been telling myself since I'm a performance wh---- wink )

lol

guess i dont have to worry about namiung a kid after you now :0

i am glad u got it!

as for performace

the 9800 is about %10 more then the 9700

the XT is about %10 more then the 9800 - this is why they called it the Xt and not a new line of cards. - and supposedly the r420 will be %50 faster - due to PCI express - but not likely.

but still from a ti4600 to a XT is a NICE jump - i went from a ti4600 to a 9700PRO and that was impressive to me!

as for problems - ATI has had problems - they are MUCH better now with the catalyst suit of drivers - 3.9's has some issues and so did 3.8 but 3.7 were rock stable!

So alex - when u going to start to overclock and mod that card! - have you considered a volt mod or too once the card starts to show it's age?

LOl

well seem you are happy - i will join that happy band wago when i start to spec out my dual opteron syste m): i am hyped about it but also sad @ the lack of motherboards for it - MSI - is worthless and TYAN, well decent, but pricey!

and with DDRII and PCI Express on the horizone of this year sometime! argh! to wait or not to wait! - i want to wait mainly to see ati and nvidia new line sof cards out q1 this year - i hope!