Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JP-

NVidia lookout: Here comes ATI Radeon 9700...

Quote:

Well... TELL ME!

* lol!

smile

APK

P.S.=> I like it man... good stuff! apk

lol

were the heck did i post that...lol

anyways, just use the tag and end it with

Code:
[size=12]SIG IN HERE [/size

followed with /size] laugh

^^^^

what was not good about it?

it worked fine for my uncles the 2 years he had it, no problems, nothing, made games look great!..... (compared to his old all in wonder 128 32mb PRO card.

Well yeah....its a brand new card, what do you expect smile and they have already said that problems such as BF1942 crashing will be fixed in the next driver release.

Quote:
Well yeah....its a brand new card, what do you expect smile and they have already said that problems such as BF1942 crashing will be fixed in the next driver release.

I expect them to work right out of the box, just like every nvidia card I've ever owned. It's exactly this kind of thing that makes me stay loyal to nvidia.

DS is a wind bag, but I have to agree with him on ATi. I was a long time user of various products, and I was hoping they would put together a good driver team that would be similar to what nVidia has. Maybe that's asking too much...

Quote:
Quote:
DS is a wind bag, but I have to agree with him on ATi. I was a long time user of various products, and I was hoping they would put together a good driver team that would be similar to what nVidia has. Maybe that's asking too much...

It may be asking a bit much... there's not alot of guys that code that get into that section of things really, it's not "visible" & useable to most folks is why!
APK

Then don't make half-a$$ed products. If you can't support them properly, then stay out of the biz. I don't see why they can't manage to get a decent team together, since they have made a ton of money over the years with their Mach and Rage chips in low-end PCs and Servers.

Well ive just ordered 1 of these 9700pros so ill let you know how it goes smile

I just couldnt resist, it was begging me to buy it laugh

I need help frown

laugh

Me too. I got bored. More than likely I'll think it's a POS but if I'm completely thrown by suprise I'll be amazed. If it is a POS then I can always find some n00b I can sell it to for $400. wink (Bought it for $369)

People seem to love newegg laugh

And if you think its a POS you can always send it to me, i could do with a 2nd one wink

apk what you say about money is true

however if ati spent more money making a better product with better drivers that was comparable to nvidias offerings then they would sell more products. For instance if they had better drivers i would have ordered an ATI whatever instead of the gforce4 i just ordered. and others probably would have as well. So there is more money to pay for the better team and better drivers.

Got mine over the weekend.

while I hate not being able to play BF42....there are other perks.

1600x1200 w/ 6xAA and 16x AF in Quake 3 gives me a stead 150fps.

my GF4 TI-4600 didn't do that wink

Got mine today as well smile Ive only really got minor complaints at the moment but you can see it needs a driver update smile

And ive just been playing BF1942, in 1280x1024 with 4xFSAA and 16xAF laugh

Just disable the shadows in the game and it 'should' be ok, and make sure your using the latest leaked drivers so you get text in the menus.