Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JP-

Any GeForce4 Ti4600 (or any GeForce4 Series) modders out the

Whats the point, it reduced temps by like 5 degrees MAX, like that is gonna make a difference. ;(

Not to mention you void your warranty in the process.

The closest I've come to anything like this is replacing the broken fan on my graphics card (a 16Mb PCI Riva TNT) with a shiny new ball bearing unit. The new one was thicker than the old one and the old screws wouldn't work so I substituted a set from the backshell of a D-Sub connector I had lying around. In addition, the fan plug wouldn't fit into the power socket on the card so I had to plug it into the system fan connector on the motherboard.

Sorry but the gf4 core seems to be limited just by its design. (0.15 @300mhz!) Cooling it 5 degrees is going to make 0 difference to its OC ability, or maybe 1mhz.

Well that was well worth the cost of the HS eh smile

And im sure you can really tell the difference in games with that monster 15mhz core increase.

This is what convinces me, why would i void my warranty just to get a pathetic 20mhz overclock at most, for 0 real world gain.

I get 12000 3dmarks and im sure you can manage that, but who cares smile

And 1 degree difference does not make a 'huge' difference on CPUs.]

Oh and cooler=longer living ?, ill have changed the card by the time it dies anyway, ive still got TNT2s/Geforce 2 GTSs that still work perfectly with the retail coolers.

We are talking years here!

hehe Actual temps decreaced by approximatly 3-5 degrees C.

I love those graphs, maybe if they set the axis at 0, instead of 330 it would make you realise what a pathetic increase that is. smile

Max overclock was all of 5mhz smile

$19.99 for 5mhz overclock!??

Na whats the point, i could produce some numbers of my own but you seem set on buying it anyway, and you really need to calm down a bit. I never meant to insult you or anything in any above post.

Just let me know what results you get, im SURE youll get some massive overclock like 400/800 just from buying this cooler, and even if you dont youll say that you have.

Have fun. smile

Just a quick question, did sticking that monster heatsink on the core improve the overclockability of the memory in anyway?!?!?

8) How much strain is that lot putting on your card?

It looks like it needs a couple of supports to stop it from bending. And if something should come loose, you can kiss goodbye to just about everything in the path of the falling heatsink!

well i tested the oc right after i got it in my p3 700 system

my dual p4 xeon system runs very hot and my oat runs commonly in the 90's (mid 30's to u non usa peeps)

cpu #2 is usually at 135f (almost 60c) after several hours of wolf

i havent needed any extra frames (i get 120+ easy in wolf) so i havent oc'ed the vid card

although when winter comes around i may try just to see if i can catch sunthin on fire

:x

i got a global-win case with 2 120mm fans

they blow directly across the hd and vid card so i think i would be better off controlling the oat

im trying to figure that one out without killing myself with these so cal electricity prices

Alec, do you have any other cooling in your case?

It doesn't look like you have, therefore making your fans on the gef virtually useless, as you are just moving round the same air.

deum!

do u smoke, or was your case always that color..lol

anyways, nice cooling set up, u must have a nice hydro bill..lol

any filters over the fan holes?