Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Jedi X

XP vs. 2000 with a hint of Linux

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

Quote:

Firstly Win2k outperforms WinXP in every way (gaming, applications etc) and because of this it has a whole lot less undesirable features that ppl dont need.

WinXP is faster than 2k for me, and for what I do most of (gaming) that's a good thing. I'll agree with you on the undesirable features there. There are a number of things I don't care for with XP and disable them first thing after the install.

-WinXP vs Win2k-

WinXP is the best looking OS I have ever seen. That's where the love affair ends folks. The driver issues are being fixed but my Lite-On DVD player hasn't worked properly since I installed WinXP. It works well under Linux, leading me to believe it's something to do with the Win OS. I am going back to Win2k Advanced Server next week.

-Win2k vs Linux-

Linux is very stable. I love the absence of all the error messages when I'm using Windows. I haven't gotten into too much gaming with Linux but I have seen a serious lack of titles released specifically for the OS. I'm sure there are progs out there that create a virtual Win environment but that just lowers the system to the ranks of Apple and their crappy VirtualPC prog. For gaming, I choose Win2k. Hands down.