Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
plato

Internet Explorer shuts down by itself...please help

It opens fine. But when i type in an address and hit enter the window closes.

Also if i pick a site of my favorites, IE6 closes.

Please help.

-i have scaned with norton totaly updated.

-i have scanned with ad-ware 5.62

Under Tools, there should be a selection - Repair Browser. Try that first, it is the least painless. Was there anything that happened that started this behavior - added a new plugin or something similar?

Do you have some kind of pop-up stopper installed on your machine? If so, you may have inadvertantly told it to exclude a site that you visit. These pop-up ads will sometimes use the similar url for a site and excluding it excludes the main site. For example, abc's news site will often bring up one of those "background" pop-ups that if excluded will also knockdown the news site itself.

On the other hand, some sites can install an icon on the explorer tool bar (or in the registry without an icon being visible), which you may have excluded with a pop-up stopper.

Plato

Last week I came accross this problem on a friends machine. I could not fix it so MS support got an email and within 24 hours they sent us a bug fix. I will get the reply that they sent tomorrow and post it here

Peter

wysiwug Austraila

Hello friends ,

The best possible solution is here . This error occurs when u visit a Java enabled web-site , if I am not wrong . So all you have to do is either un-install and re-install Java . Or download latest Java SDK 1.4 from java.sun.com ...

Pls reply me at adnantr@hotmail.com if this mesg is of any use to u . bye

Adnan