Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CyberGenX

Det. 29.42s, Wierd.

I have recently installed the 29.42s and have seen a couple wierd issues. Has anyone else out there seen this?

Almost all of my games run fine, Spiderman doesn't run when double clicked on. The games that do run for some reason run really REALLY fast@!!!!!!! Here are some examples...

Nascar 4 Before 29.42 79FPS average with everything up highest

After 29.42 100FPS average with everything up highest

sometimes it hits 160FPS!!!!

FLF Before 29.42 80FPS average " " " "

After 29.42 100FPS average " " " "

DirectX Diagnostics 8.1

ON the 3D Cube Before 29.42 it went regular speed for a Geforce2 but after 29.42 the cube goes so fast like 20 times the speed I am used to seeing!!!

For the most part I don't mind the extra 20 FPS but are these drivers somehow overclocking the GPU/MEM? I have checked all the settings and all seems ok and set to what the 28.32s were set at.

What kind of monitor do you have? The new drivers may have unlocked a refrsh rate not available before. Since both games had an increase of 20 fps.

anisotropic filtering is optimized in 29.xx oposed to older version of dets, there are articles floating around prooving it.

I think there was one in 3dgamers, hmm not sureconfused

Looks like the new drivers allow D3D games framerates to run above the DirectDraw rate. Interesting.

So far, all games that I've run in D3D peek out at the DirectDraw rate, while other APIs (like OpenGL) allow framerates above the DD rate. D3D might get a popularity boost it seems.

laugh