Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mad2moons

good uk online store?

just bought 3 x 256 ddr 2100 from computer fair and its sheet, blue screening all over the shop frown Where can I buy some decent memory from pls? And waht make should i be after? Had a look at ebuyer but got totally lost.

ta

MSI KT3 Ultra-ARU

XP 2000+

768 Cak 2100 DDR

2 x IBM desktars 60gb

Leadtek winfast gf3 64 meg

Audigy

Asuscom ISDN Card

40x plewriter

12x sony dvd

400w psu

whoops, gotta be a uk store pls

Crucial.com has a UK-based site - you're better off going for named brands like Crucial, Kingston etc. rather than the un-named stuff. It may cost more, but it will save you no end of headaches - especially if you're using an OS that is more memory intensive, such as Win2k or XP.

Rgds

AndyF

You might want to check that original RAM you picked up. I just posted elsewhere about getting ECC instead of NON-ECC. Can cause some huge problems. If you did, sometimes you can resell it, 'cause it's worth more and is designed for dual processors' and the like.

ECC memory on a non-ECC board will just give you nice beeps when you power up. And oh yes they are worth about twice. but nobody will put them in a server. I would rather buy them from crucial just in case they really messed them up and it spikes the server board or so.