Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Guvernment

(0==== McAfee Manufactures Virus Threat ====0)

This is a conspiracy theory that has been floating around for years.

Ever since the days when my Dr. Solomon's AV software was only updated quarterly and then by new disks through the post as none but the true geek used the Internet.

I'm afraid I am not convinced in the least.

There are plenty of "programmers" out there willing to write virus's without the need for AV people to write their own.

Just my opinion and I'm sure it will differ from others.

If the AV people wanted to make money writing viruses, they would write them to run in the *nix environment.

I haven't read the article, but these kinds of rumours have been around for ages. If it were true, and was actually proved, how damaging do you think it would be for the company concerned?

I don't think any of the AV software companies would actually get involved in something like this. Not only would it destroy the company it would also severely damage the AV industry as a whole.

I remember them from Dos times too. Just utter BS....

It won't only damage the company, it would mean a nice holiday in jail somewhere for about 10 years from the security guard to CEO.

kew kew

this was the first i had ever heard of it.

they would go down if this was true, and it would be ahrd to kepe it hush hush, someone would tell, and want a lot fo $$$ to keep quite. but heck, u never know. laugh