Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cknyc

anyone here have a tv tuner in win2k

I would like to know which one and how it works, how is the support for it.

hi

i have a Hauppauge WinTV PCI. It works good.

it won't initialize the PLL but thats easy to solve.

There are beta drivers from www.hauppauge.com available for win2k.

the Pinnacle (former Miro PCTV) should also work with the latest NT4 driver.

------------------

J0Erch

I have the ATI TV Tuner ISA, and I got it to work using WinVCR. It works fine. It's not as nice as the ATI software, but now I have no good reason to use windows 98 anymore.

My Miro WinTV Pro isn't working with the new NT4.x drivers.

Does anybody know why ???

Win2k release = 2114

Hi!

I'm a proud owner of a Win/TV Radio (Hauppauge) and since Build 2128 I managed to get it to work with PAL-beta-drivers and Win/TV 2000-application. Still problems /w no suitable driver in device manager for Win/TV-Audio-Section (though sound is working fine)!

Hi !

I have the same experiences like Double.Jay. I own the Hauppauge Win/TV Primio and have the problems with the audio device, too. But nevertheless it's working fine with the beta-drivers.

Hi folks!

As to informations from our widely beloved german c't magazine, the AD/DA-converter part on every tv-card with BT878-chip isn't used by any driver at all. Not in win9x, neither in NT4 or w2k, so we shouldn't care about this "fault". Time will come when we don't have to trust in to this tiny Audio-loop-cable stuck into the Sound_Card.

So, don't care at the moment.

PS: Pardon my English!

Hi,

I have my Hauppauge WinTV-pci working great in Win2k. Had problems with the beta drivers on hauppauge.com till Ii found out they were NTSC. Find links to the other drivers on this site, in the hardware compatibility section.

Brendan