Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Malatar

Problems in Win XP

I recently installed WinXP Pro and my new PNY Geforce 4 Ti4600 card on my 1Ghz Athlon box (512Mb). I've been having problems in Counterstrike and an older game called Sacrifice. Sometimes it will lock up, though most frequently it will just crash to the desktop. When this happens, it usually changes my desktop video mode to the settings that I was playing that game with. Are there any known issues on Geforce 4 cards, or with my Athlon? Does anyone have any suggestions on fixing this most annoying problem?

probably your graphic card driver, try some other one( my recomendation 27.20, and 22.40) u can find em on various sites or www.warp2search.com as for sacrifice its a great game(get patch 3 from sacrifice site).

Half-Life works perfectly fine under both 2k and XP, I speak from experience at least at patch levels lower than 1.1.0.9. 1.1.0.9 ****s things up as does 1.1.1.0 it seems (although my XP install is pretty FucT in itself so that may be contributing to the problem)

Quote:

Half-Life works perfectly fine under both 2k and XP, I speak from experience at least at patch levels lower than 1.1.0.9. 1.1.0.9 ****s things up as does 1.1.1.0 it seems (although my XP install is pretty FucT in itself so that may be contributing to the problem)

You're not the only one, I have deleted oem files and a pile of **** and just lovely ****ed over my PC.

It was my choice, I was goofing around.

I'll wait for XPSP1 and then format.

The latest couple of HL patches have been screwing me over bad. 1.1.0.9 knocked out my Opposing Force, replacing it with some multiplayer crap and now 1.1.1.0 is giving all kinds of memory errors...