Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kublis

Diablo II LOD and XP limited account

I have Diablo II LOD installed on my computer with XP, but I am not able to play it with a limited account, but when I switch to administrator access, I was able to play it. Does anyone know how to make so that the limited account can also play it? Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Right Click the D2 shortcut (creating one if necessary) -> Properties -> Advanced -> Run with different credentials.

You'll have to enter the Admin password every time you want to play D2 but it should work.

Thanks for the information. I guess the limited account won't be able to play then. If they know the admin password then there's no point of creating a limited account for the user. Is there a way to create a users with specific limits besides the default limited account so that you can give them access to others stuff?

You could try elevating the Users priveliges to Power User level in the Computer Management console under Users and Groups but that may give them more rights than you want them to have and still won't guarantee that D2 will work...

Quote:

Right Click the D2 shortcut (creating one if necessary) -> Properties -> Advanced -> Run with different credentials.

You'll have to enter the Admin password every time you want to play D2 but it should work.

What a pointless feature, why not just log in as the amdin if u got the password. smile

Because logging out, logging back in as Admin, doing what you need, logging back out and then logging in under your normal account is a pain. I use "Run As" all the time.

Quote:

Because logging out, logging back in as Admin, doing what you need, logging back out and then logging in under your normal account is a pain. I use "Run As" all the time.

i guess if you have mutliple people using the comp then yeah, but if it just u, pointless to have an amdin account, and then your own user account.

if you got a few people, then they got your password to play the game, if you let em., so you might as well, just turn off passwords.