Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
clutch

Just saw Episode 2

I am intrigued by the Two Towers reference. Please explain?

Also,

Can anyone tell me the names of 3,7,8 & 9.

I want to buy them but Amazon is too clogged up with Fan Fiction. Dark Empire etc.

I think it is reading time.

BTW, I agree with the previous comments about the casting of Anakin but my cold chill came when he told Padme that he thought the idea of a dictatorship is the best idea. "Whatever works".

That and the last scene with the Imperial Death March playing.

Quote:
I am intrigued by the Two Towers reference. Please explain?

I just like the LOTR story better. Not by alot though. And I am sure the Two Towers is gonna rock...the battle at helm's deep will be very cool.

Quote:

Can anyone tell me the names of 3,7,8 & 9.

Those exist only in George Lucas' mind at this point.

I always thought the stories for all nine were written but never made into screenplays.

If Lucas was to make 7,8 & 9 he might run into trouble with the amount of fan fiction written as someone might accuse him of stealing ideas.

Apparently this is why ideas for Star Trek scripts are never taken from fans unless they are contracted script writers as copyright issues cause problems.

Also why ideas discussed in UseNet never come to fruition - copyright issues.

All the ideas for novels, comics, games and such commercial copyrighted Star Wars fiction are approved by Lucas. He is very strict with how other authors can use the rules of the force, and what can happen to the major characters and places. He has had his story written for himself since 1975, all 9 episodes, and he has taken steps to make sure none of these other stories impede upon or conflict with his episodes that are yet to come.

I'm sure he will take a break for a few years after episode 3. To my knowledge he has not specified lately if or when he will start on episode 7,8,9. Allow 3 years for each of those after his break, and the 3 years to wait for episode 3, and they should all be done in about 12-15 years from now! The other problem is that the guy is 58 years old now. If he goes by this hypothetical schedule, he would have to live to at least 73 to finish telling his story. Talk about a lifetime achievment - 40 years making Star Wars movies!!!

p.s. - I just saw the movie again today. Did anyone else manage to spot the Millenium Falcon? As Anakin and Padme were first arriving on Naboo, descending in the ship, you can see the MF parked on the ground way to the left on the screen!

And I want Dooku's lightsaber, it's a cool design!

I thought this movie hauled major a$$.

I don't feel like writing a huge review here so I'll just mention something that bothered me about both Episode I and II, but even more in II. I think computer-aided graphics are all fine and dandy, but I think there is a point where they are too much and I think Episode II is bordering on "too much" computer stuff. It's almost as if George Lucas has something against real humans doing the acting jobs. For example, when Obi-Wan was speaking with his buddy at that restaurant EVERYTHING in the damn place was fake. The robot waiters, the other customers, and most of all... Obi's friend were all computer generated. Everybody! I tend to think that if a character in that movie could be played by somebody in a costume that it would have a much more authentic effect. Imagine Fat Ba$tard from Austin Powers being replaced by a computer generated version.... just wouldn't be the same.

On the other hand, Stars Wars from the very beginning has been all about using the day's latest and "greatest" technology. I remember when I was 2 and the original Star Wars were the big thing, my mother was watching a "making of" Star Wars and the biggest thing was "how the heck did they make those light sabers!?". We've come a long way, but I think perhaps Lucas needs to more carefully consider how he uses computer technology in his films. In huge battle scenes it is awesome, in small restaurant scenes I think it would be better without.

Oh, and as far as "The Two Towers" goes....

Think of it as Lord Of The Rings Episode II :-). The Two Towers picks up where The Fellowship of the Ring left off. After that, The Return of the King is the final book of the trilogy. Consider it Lord Of The Rings Episode III.

Quote:
Oh, and as far as "The Two Towers" goes....

Yea....i thought that was a given, but I guess there are some ppl not as 'fantasy' nerdy as me. Not that its a bad thing though...:P

I recall reading somewhere that there were two different petitions out concerning LOTR: The Two Towers

1) That they change the name accordingly

2) The fans DEMAND that it is released NOW

lol

There was alotta ppl that didnt know about books #2 and 3 for lotr as well that I noticed, just like 4 5 6 or Star Wars.

I just saw the movie again today. Did anyone else manage to spot the Millenium Falcon? As Anakin and Padme were first arriving on Naboo, descending in the ship, you can see the MF parked on the ground way to the left on the screen!

No guarantee that was the Millenium Falcon.

The ship is just a modified Corellian Light Freighter (Sad hat firmly in place) so it could really have been anything, but I shall now pay extra attention when I go to see the film again smile

1 thing i remember when watching episode 1, i dont think there is 1 part of the movie where there isnt something computer generated on screen smile