Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
clutch

Just saw Episode 2

If i hadnt just had 3 wisdom teeth pulled and wasnt so doped up to stand in line, I would have liked to seen it frown

A friend of mine bought tickets for 8 of us on Thursday, and we showed about an hour before showtime. We didn't have any problems getting tickets and we were about 12 people back from the beginning of the seating line. It was a lot better than Episode 1, and it actually made Episode 1 worth getting once this second one hits DVD.

Cool beans. All the critics hate it as usual, of course if you read any of the books, then you have a better understanding of the first episode.

Quote:

It was a lot better than Episode 1, and it actually made Episode 1 worth getting once this second one hits DVD.

Yeah, apparently George Lucas has said that he now realises that Episode I was too commercial and didn't have much of a storyline...

Can't wait to see it, but I'll probably leave it a week or so for the queues to shorten smile

AndyF

me too. A bit too long a wait, when My wife is nice enough to watch the baby while I see it.

hmm...i didn't like it...ending sucked....and what's up with yoda..walks with a cane, but then goes flying around during a battle? funny though...

they could have left the love scenes out too, good thing i didn't wait in line to see it and thank god for kazaa

I thought it rocked!!! ending was like Empire, with a sense of victory yet pending DOOM. Yodi was cool too, he uses the force to fly around, doesn't waste it on his ailing body. Love scene were like that in the OG 3 with Solo and Princess. Try to remember these movies have no foul language, no nudity or ***ual content, and little "graphic violence". GO LUCAS!!!!!!!!!!!!

The critics are right; pretty boring--10 minutes of excitement to start, 15 minutes of excitement to finish, a bunch of tedious babble in the middle.

30 minutes too long.

I really don't like the design...the best design for the ships was: Boba Fett's ship, Slave 1, created almost 20 years ago. The best costume? Boba Fett's armor, created almost 20 years ago.

Sorry, Jango Fett.

And the clones' armor is just a modification the stormtrooper outfits.

Not a horrible movie, but pretty disapointing for me.. I don't think I'm in tune with what Star Wars has become... It'll always be the "good old days," when the first Star Wars movie was Star Wars: A New Hope. frown

THats becuse the clones are Stormtroopers.

I guessed that a long time ago.

I liked it BTW. Thought it rocked.

NAtalie Portman was prettty S E X Y as well.

You have to remember this movies are the begining and middle of the tale, not the end, so we cannot expect the same as the final 3 episodes

It's not for non-Star Wars people. You can see the backstory starting to develop---Anakin turning evil, the introduction of Owen and Beru, the start of the eventual Empire...etc.

Obi-Won is more like the one in the original Star Wars, there's a reason everyone turns to Yoda for guidance, Count Dooku is real bad-***, C-3PO has bad jokes...

Quote:

THats becuse the clones are Stormtroopers.

I guessed that a long time ago.

Well, you (meaning Lucas) can't have it both ways. If the stormtroopers are clones throughout the whole series, then that sort of eliminates the entire concept of the republic having an army, recruiting people, etc...

I thought Luke's buddy on Tatooine joined the empire's military and then he caught up with him in the rebellion...

Quote:
Originally posted by sapiens74
You have to remember this movies are the begining and middle of the tale, not the end, so we cannot expect the same as the final 3 episodes

Sure, I can appreciate some different plot points or whatever, but this movie was pretty tedious...

Well, like I said, a lot of people really like it, and I just find myself in the position of disagreeing with a lot of people. Been there before, I guess I can handle it... wink

Well, you (meaning Lucas) can't have it both ways. If the stormtroopers are clones throughout the whole series, then that sort of eliminates the entire concept of the republic having an army, recruiting people, etc...

Who is saying that Stormtroopers are clones all the way through the whole series?

Just because they are in Episode II doesn't mean this stays the case during all six episodes.

It was logical that the first republic army (clones) would wear an early version of the stormtrooper armour, I loved this touch as it nicely fits in with things to come.

I loved the whole film from beginning to end, i left the cinema with an overal "glowing feeling" where I am actually going to have to go see the film again and then look forward to the DVD release.

The characters were great, Yoda was just the best and once he turned into a spinning ball of death it was amazing.

The effects were great, and little things like at the end when you saw the massive clone army not standing in perfect lines gave the "impression" of millions of individuals, not like with the droid army where they were all perfectly in line.

I didn't cringe at any point during the film, all the scenes were important as they all showed what is to happen.

Anakin in termoil as he fights between the light & dark sides of the force was great.

The love scenes were important, without an 18 certificate and one massive *** scene, Lucas had to find another way of getting over the point og just how in love Padme & Anakin were, enough to have the "jedi twins" children.

Roll on episode three, only three years to wait, then if only somebody can convince Lucas to finish the story off the way he always wanted it to be done, as a nine part story I'll be even happier.

Pirates & thieves suck, to anybody tempted, don't watch some fukin 430x240 version of this film, do yourself a favour and go to the cinema to watch it on the big screen.

Not only do you get the full atmosphere of the film, you are also paying your money to show your appreciation of the film, Lucas made this film and deserves the box office gates.

Those that rip off and download films should be strung up by their bollocks, along side the software thieves.

What I meant was, I guessed after seeing Episode 1 that in order to achieve the sheer numbers of troops they would have to be clones. Now eventually they recruit, but to amass an army as large as that, clones had to be a large portion of it, and you have to consider that the Stormtoopers are of the same porptions later in the Episodes 4-6 so non humanoid aliens are not being used.

Quote:

Roll on episode three, only three years to wait, then if only somebody can convince Lucas to finish the story off the way he always wanted it to be done, as a nine part story I'll be even happier

Where would it go after EP III? EP VII? And who is the Jedi CipherDias that ordered the clones in EP I?

Saw the movie for the 2nd time today!! Love it that much, you got to be a fan, if you are, you love all the movies.

Yup.

7,8 & 9.

Originally written as a 9-part saga.

Obviously the last three occur after the empire falls.

If I remember correctly, Luke even has a breif stint as a Sith around number 8.

However, If I'm wrong someone will correct me.

I never did much "outside" reading, as far as the Star Wars mythos.

I always figured that the Clone Wars of lore referred to dark lord clones or jedi clones or something...sort of like in the Dark Forces 2 video game wink

I was sort of disapointed that they were just a bunch of ordinary soldier types.

I have come to find that there are 100s of Novels that take place after the first one, between all and after Return of the Jedi...

Well Lucas's original vision was as a nine part story and as somebody else said the final 3 parts would be set after Jedi.

There are plenty of gaps in the story which could probably be filled with a whole episode, but we, the viewer, just have to assume that nothing "major" happened.

The Clone War was supposed to last for a long time, however I'm guessing Episode III will take-off very near the end of this war.

THese things will have to happen in Episode 3:

1. Amadala will die, forcing Anakin to blame Obi Wan.

2. Obi WAn will have to defeat Anakin

3. Twins will be born to Amadala

4. THe Jedi will be blamed for something and thus hunted and killed

5. Darth Sidious will finally reveal himself to be Palpatine, tho I think there is a suprise in store here somehow.