Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chrishawkes2000

Voodoo3 & Office 2000 In Win2k

Hey

I have recently installed Windows 2000 professional on my computer along with Office 2000 Premium and have also put my Voodoo 3 2000 in the machine.

The problem is that whenever i open or click anything, like the font menu, the computer hangs and then Word crashes. It does this with all versions of Office and does the same everytime, display the illegal operation thing. Please could you help!!!!!

Thanks.

Chris

If it does this with the font menu alone, then you may have some fonts that are not exactly spec. If you have Adobe fonts installed, Windows 2000 does not support PostScript1.

Presuming this does this only with the font menu, you could try moving some of the fonts to a different directory and then bringing them back to try to isolate the ones that may be crashing your system. Your fonts are found in C:\winnt\fonts

Have you installed Office 2K service Packs?

and you said all versions of office. What do you mean exactly? Office 97, 2K, XP etc.?

If so i think Sampson is correct on his diagnosis.

U.

Also it's a good idea to post your machine stats so we can give you other solutions that may be hardware compatiblity related.

Of course it's not a hardware problem. I have a v3 3000 and it works just fine in win2k along with officeXP. I haven't tried office2000 yet, but i'm sure it works.

My advice is to get the voodoo3 2/3000 w2k drivers from voodoofiles.com -> go to the top 10 downloads, and you'll find it there. Good luck !

hmmm.

i had a v3 and office2k and win2k. they all got along fine.

that pc was used for word and excel so i would have known if anything was buggerd .

if i remember i had only sp2 and no updates for office2k and only had word and excel installed, not outlook or pp

i was using the last offficial dx8 win2k drivers for the v3 too.

i then updated to XP and had to go hojur(or whatever his name was) voodoo drivers for xp as eventhough 2d was ok, gaming sucked in xp after the update. when i went to the modifed drivers they brought back 3dfxtools and could get some half decent gaming out of the v3. but that also did not confilct with office2k either (in xp) i would be very surpised if the v3 drivers buggered it for you.

reason why i kew it worked is that was my wifes pc. and she is litteraly pc illeterate. and would have screamed bloddy murder if it was even the slightest broken. she never complained.