Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Catdog02

A question of consequences

Here is the senario, I'm wondering if anyone can outline what problems may arise.

I have two NT Domains, both share the same domain name (I don't know why) the first network has a PDC, and Two BDC's, + a handful of Win2k member servers. All of the clients on the network connect to this domain, they compose of Win95, 2kpro and XPpro systems. The PDC is the DHCP, Primary Wins and Exchange 5.5 server.

The other network consists of an NT server which holds a SQL database, and three XP clients, all machines have static IP's.

The latter network requires that the database be transfered to a BDC on the first network. The two networks have two way trusts. Normally the networks are connected via a cat cable and the database is simply copied across, the cable is dc'd, sweet as. Alas the cable has been left for more than 24 hours and now the XP machines on the smaller network can see the main network etc, a restart sorted the problem for them, but I'm wondering what the recieprocal(sp?) events may be.

Any ideas?

- remember there is no DNS on this network.