Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ConceptVBS

IE6 question

Hi,

When I used to save a picture I right clicked and save it as .jpg file format. But now, when I do that, IE only brings up .bmp file format. There is no other way of choosing a different file format.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks alot

pete

Dunno what is wrong with your IE6, but mine here sure brings up the jpg format as well as the bitmap. But it depends on the picture, doesn't it ?

H

For some reason it does depend on the picture yeah, im able to get jpg on most pics but for some there is only the bmp option frown

Always taught it's dependent of the original format, IE isn't exactly a picture format converter.

H.

Actually it's more to do with the websites. I don't know what causes it, but sometimes when you find 1 of these sites & IE only wants to save it as a .bmp file, if you right click on the image & select properties it still says it's a .jpg file. The only way I know around this is to try loading the page with Netscape Navigator instead of IE, then right click on the image, choose View Image, then save the image.

This is the 2nd of the only 2 useful things that NN can do that IE can't - the 1st being the abiliity to enlarge all text, rather than just variable sized fonts [comes in handy when you get daft webmasters who use fixed size fonts].

I have encountered the same problem, but if you right click on the image link and click "save target as" it will save it in .jpg format

No, not all the time it doesn't, otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned NN.

You can load the pic and then go straight to temporary internet files and copy the picture from there.

P.S. I've seen older versions of IE do this as well.

This problem has been around since IE5. Try clearing the cache(emtpy temp inet files). Close out all IE windows then go back to the site you wanted to save the .jpg from.

See if that works.

Got an idea, save the picture as whatever, open Photoshop or some other image editor and save it as the type you want. I create/edit web pages and have seen this problem as well.