Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sapiens74

Dungeon Siege

Just picked this up and having a bit of a stuttering problem. Anyone else got this game?

IF so let me know how it runs

I don't appear to be having this problem, except in major combat situations, however.....

You are not alone.

A lot of people are reporting exactly the same thing, apparently this was first reported as a bug the day it was released in the US and there is a patch in the works.

I've heard that some people had results by switching from T&L to non T&L yet others report that makes no difference.

Other than the T&L possability I don't know of any work arounds and it looks like you'll need the forthcoming patch.

It's strange because nobody seems to be able to pin down exactly what is causing the problem, there doesn't seem to be a particular configuration that does & doesn't have problems.

Shadows have a big fps hit, just disable them and it should be ok, it ran anywere between 20-60fps on my 8500 but it seems ok on the 4400. Still, it really shouldnt take a p4 2.4 and a geforce 4 to get it to run acceptably, they really need to sort this out.

yeah, games rocks tho. I really like the engine. Easy to use, and a beautiful game.

ON the stuttering issue, I got the same thing out of the demo , so it must be in need of a patch.

O well its still playable

The Dungeon Siege site has a list of known issues here.

The one you probably need to look at is:

Low Framerates - Turning off "vsync" can help improve frames per second. Users should check their owner's manual for how to do this for their specific card. Usually, this is accomplished in the advanced display properties, available from the Control Panel. Alternatively, this can be done by creating a shortcut to the Dungeon Siege .exe and placing "vsync=false" (no quotes) in the command line.

Seems pretty repetitive though this game frown

Dont come out till the end of this month here smile but ill give it a go. Certainly looks pretty good from the gfx smile

i got it

played it

sys specs:

Sony Vaio Digital Studio

P4 1.8g / 512 pc133 ARGH!!! dam sony/ 80g ata 100 / LeadTek GeForce 4600 Ultra/19' trinitron /sony mouse / keyboard /sweet sound on it! - Windows XP Pro.

I only get like 30-45 fps

whether on 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768 on either 16, or 32bit, i ot the nvidia 29.40 det's, plays great on GTA 3 on 1600 x res, and spider man with good fps.

Bu the frame rate stays the same on any res, that can't be right, unless MS limited the fps ........?

Hello there!

The game is amazing!

But I am unable to finish some of the quests - don't know why?! Maybe in next chapters ?

sapiens74 - How many chapters does this game contain ?

Thanks and regards

D.

Im stuck in the stupid swamp frown No problems up to here and then i suddenly hit a massive group of bad dudes frown

Was ok, but nothing that even matches Diablo 2.

A quick fix was all it was to me, it was too easy and in my opinion was a simplified version of an RPG for people who have been previously scared off.

Diablo is so repetitive that it should be boring, but for some reason its good fun smile

Was way better then Diablo 2. This engine with Diablo 2 type story would. make a nice Diablo 3

I think It has 9 chapters.

Doesn't match Diablo 2!!

LOL

Diablo 2 was one of the most over-hyped games ever.

It promised to much, yet delivered a highly repetative game that ran in 640x480 (Yes I know the expansion made it 800x600, but come on!)

I played D2 solid for about three weeks, completed it with two different characters and that is it.

I've never had the want to go back and play it again.

The original Diablo was great, I played it over and over, played Multiplayer, played Internet.

D2 just felt and looked so old - relegated to the "hardly play" pile I'm afraid.

hopefully dungeon siege will give blizzard a reason to make Diablo III even better, if theymake one laugh