Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pmistry

P4 with SDRAM

My wife is cool about stuff like that. Now if I spend money on beer..... well thats a different story...

I must say this new Intel P4 1.6GHz with Intel D845WN motherboard (Yes that rigth it PC133 SDRAM) It rock's so far even when I run 3DMark 2001SE I see improved over the Abit KT7E with AMD 1.4GHz which should be fast then an Intel P4 1.6GHz by what I have read from all thoses called Hardware Reviewer (Note: I'am using the same memory PC133 SDRAM that come out my Abit BH6) in last score 5700 AMD vs 6500 Intel (Round about) but I got hand to AMD there encode speed to do MPEG to DivX is 5fps faster then and Intel P4.

Now this very interesting have acpi on and would you belive all my hardware device have there very own IRQ and yes this is Win2000 I though for sure it was going to h@ll nigth getting them off that d@mm IRQ9 thing that min folks have problem with and me to.

IRQ Device

1 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard

6 Standard floppy disk controller

4 Communications Port (COM1)

8 System CMOS/real time clock

9 Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System

13 Numeric data processor

12 Microsoft PS/2 Port Mouse (IntelliPoint)

14 Primary IDE Channel

15 Secondary IDE Channel

16 NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 200

17 OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller

17 Realtek RTL8139(A) PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter

17 Intel® 82801BA/BAM SMBus Controller - 2443 (Intel® SMBus Driver)

19 Intel® 82801BA/BAM USB Universal Host Controller - 2442

22 Hauppauge Win/TV 878/9 VFW Video Driver

22 Hauppauge Streaming Data Capture Device

23 Creative SB Audigy

23 Intel® 82801BA/BAM USB Universal Host Controller - 2444

Well I just done test memory bandwith in SiSoft Sandra 2002 both Abit KT7E and Intel D845WN come out with the same 953 score.

I guest the next motherborad I get will be a DDR board.

ACPI should be fine. The Audigy has been sharing IRQ's fine whenever I've used it. I'd watch out for that Hauppauge However. Use your sound card while watching some TV and see if they conflict.

Thank DosFreak (I though of that to) anyway dose this pass a test? DVD(PowerDVD) MP3(WMP) Plus WinTV2000 and it recording a show in MPEG2 at 12MBit/sec all at same time, well it didn't crash so I guest it safe to say it work TOP NOTCH hehe.

Well, I got a ASUS P4B last year (there wasn't an Intel DDR solution at the time and RDRam was way too expensive) - system seemed fine, then I got my nice new GF4 Ti440 and saw absolutely no performance increase over my GF3 Ti200.

So prices being what they are now I got a P4T-E (unfortunately with the CYP chips so can't o/c the living daylights out of it:() 3DMark2001SE up over 1200 points, 40fps more out of Quake 3 1.30 timedemo, etc. Windows seems snappier but that's purely subjective, could just be me wishing it.

Can't comment on DDR performance, I decided on RDRam as that's what the P4 was designed to work with.

Hey whats that asus terminator like btw?

It's not bad - I use it as my internet gateway and backup storage.

Not much use for gaming - the onboard graphics can run Quake demo at 16fps at 800x600 16bit laugh and it only has 2 PCI slots, no AGP. For what I use it for it's great though, small enough to hide out of the way and fairly quiet though not silent. I turned the big fan at the back so it blows inwards to keep things really cool - when I first got it I had it stood on carpet which blocked the air intake at the bottom of the bezel so the fan kept changing speed which got annoying. Turned the fan around and stood the Termi on my Java programming book, nice and cool now

Thanks smile Sounds pretty funky, i was considering getting either 1 of them or 1 of those little shuttle things.

If you ever need more info, there's a Yahoo group been set up for Terminators, called asus-terminator (strangely enough :D)