Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
deeman

XP Compatability option

I should really wait till I get home to my XP Box to research this myself, but I'll ask on here incase any of you guys know the answer.

In XP when you go into the properties of an application, there is an option to run the program through compatability mode, with the option of 98/95/dos etc.

What is this good for? It's not like you can install a game that requires 98 and just select compatability for 98.

Is this supposed to be used for small applications or... ? is it just a pointless option.

- Daniel.

It's to fake out programs to believe they're running and/or to make them think they're installed under an OS other than XP.

That's what I assumed, so ASSUMING it does that, ive tried it on games requiring win98 and it didnt work.

is it just the main exe that requires the compatability option to be set or all executable files relevent to that application/game?

Just the application itself, the .exe generally. It's not a guaranteed thing. Might wanna check the compatibility list here if you haven't already. If that's done, check the gaming section of the forums (XP specific)

The Program Compatibility Wizard does not work. It is just a bunch of you know what!!!

sigh.

Too busy too explain and I'm tired of explaining. smile

Search the forums for ACT and Compatibility....you'll find all that ye wanna know.