Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BlizzardX

X-Com Interceptor bugs

I unearthed this game from the depths of my draw earlier this week. I remembered I enjoyed it so I installed it. To my surprise it works fine without any adjustment, however there is one little niggling problem with the game. I cannot see any probes or stationary objects such as stations. Is this a possible problem due to Windows XP or more likely driver related?

My spec is AMD Duron 900 with an ATI radeon 64Mb DDR VIVO running latest drivers.

Any help would be appreciated

Quote:
quoted text

I am sad to say that the problem you have encountered is NOT with your hardware or computer, But with the game...

Despite being hailed on re-release as XP compatible, The game is NOT! Note also that the re-release came after the take over by Hasbro Interactive...

The fault will occour any time you have to attack an Alien Probe, Base or OPP and there is nothing that seems to be able to fix this bug at this time.

I am saddened as I too am a big fan of this classic game.

The only suggestion I can make is to post this web site address... Onto every X-COM fansite you find and ask themm to PETITION the people who can make this work... The Currant owners of the X-COM brand. They parted with the designer of this classic and only they can put it right...

Why should another game be confined to the anals of history so they can amke a buck? More Importantly... If this is how they treat us, Why should we buy their games in the future?

A point they have seriously overlooked!

Finally! This keeps happening to me too, and I'm almost at the end of what I can do. SO there's nothing known that we can do? Figures. This is the only site I found with anything on this game. So we have to install it on a machine using 95 or 98?

Oh well, it might slow down the combat a little anyway.

The only way I know how to play it without the bug is to install virtual pc software and load windows 98 on it. It is kind of a hassle and you have to find either you windows 98 stuff or find some iso files online. It takes a little while to do band your best bet is to look for a tutorial on how to do it right. But it works well on xp and vista too. It will work if you are willing to waste a little time with it.