Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ri-rilot

Dungeon Keeper 2

Can't seem to get this one to work under XP. I have installed the latest updates (1.7 which gives Win2k compatability).

When the game launches all seems fine until you try to start a game at which point it bombs out to the desktop. I see DK2 is listed as an XP compatible game in the database but I can't seem to get any joy with it.

As I recall, DK2 only works if you're logged in with an account that has administrative priviledges, so if you're not doing so, try that and see if it works.

Tried logging on as administrator to run the game but no joy, same problem, just bombs to the desktop with no error or anything.

it mostly works here, haven't been able to make multiplayer work since i upgraded to 2k kernel.

hmmm.

Quote:

Can't seem to get this one to work under XP. I have installed the latest updates (1.7 which gives Win2k compatability).

smile

I'll have to see if I can dig my copy out and give it a go.

I managed to run it fine (it went to desktop once in about 50 goes) with all of the lovely bump-mapping eye candy on.

Have you tried selecting compatibility mode on dkii.exe properties. Select Windows98/Me

Ahhh found the problem.

I switched the direct sound acceleration down 1 notch and it works fine now.

Thx for all the suggestions.