Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SHS

Liveware 3 and win2000 & it works! to

so how does it work, im gonna install it when i get home.

This is big very big, almost as big as the time i got my cdr workign in win2k smile.gif

now all my hardware works..

Has anyone been successful in geeting this to work on 2128? (the "fix" instructions state that you "need" 2151).

Also, how about SMP? I had heard that liveware for NT had problems in SMP...

daniel

So... Does this mean that digital out and four speaker support are enabled? Or just that the LiveWare applets work?

I have had Liveware 3.0 working for over a month....So i know the fix does work (i did pretty much the same thing the fix states on my own)...It enable all your speakers, effects etc...

Ed

[This message has been edited by ed28 (edited 03 November 1999).]

Need a little help ....

Everything works fine until I try to install the Liveware 3 itself ... the downloaded version ...

- So, I rename the setup.ex_ , window opens and goes to 100%, window closes, nothing else happens.

- I check with the Task Manager what's going on ... SETUP.EXE process runs for a short while, closes, _ISDel.exe process starts and sits there idle forever, same with _INS5576._MP ... ARGH, what the **** is going on here ?? Is my download corrupted (I get the files when I unzip the Liveware3 zipfile) ??

I can imagine that the second file is a BMP ... what's it's full name ? And what's the complete name for the unknown EXE ?

Any help is appreciated, please wink.gif

One more thing, after I follow instruction step 3 (drivers) I have no trouble in my device manager but when I click on the SB Live properties it shows No Drivers Installed but shoes the files when I check the Driver details ...

Well, back to the SB Live WDM for now

[This message has been edited by DocSilly (edited 04 November 1999).]

Let me guess... you have a dual processor system?

This is been reported for the past few days. The "fix" soed not work on SMP systems because the stup utility dies without uninstalling anything. Apparently this happens in NT also and creative released a "patch" that was supposed to fit it, but it does not seem to work on SMP systems.

I run a BP6 with two OC'd celerons and had the same problem.

Nope, single PII 450 slightly OC at 504 on ASUS P2B-LS (only a single CPU mobo). The problem has to be somewhere else ...

so it doesnt work in nt either? I have not tried yet, im waiting for more info.i have a dual cpu. I was thinking of starting up with a single and then installign and then going back to dual but that may just be a waste of time.. oh well

Hmmm.... if its not an SMP thing, maybe there is still hope. do you have any ideas on why the setup utility dies?

I have no time right now to check any further ... interesting alone the second problem with the SB driver that I mentioned in my first post.

Well, I managed to bring back the WDM, I have to play EverCrack, poblems have to wait for weekend biggrin.gif

DocSilly is not the only one !!!

I have the same symptoms.

Actually I have fudged it through the hanging SETUP once cleaning out all old Live directories, registry keys and unistalling the h/w. Even after all this I run setup ok but all the Live3 apps still hang immediately. Plus worst of all, the previously working drivers got stuck into some sort of default reverb!!! All my MP3s sounded like they were playing on a cheap transister!!!

Sound still works though - bugger!!

W98SE with LIVE2 is cool on the same dual boot box so the pnp is OK.

Any ideas?

Oh BTW, if I follow the instructions in the patch exactly, I get a boot failure loading the EMU1000 driver. Real fatal, SAFE cannot load either, luckily I can access the NT partition (FAT!!!) and zap the driver to boot into NT and re-load the driver.

Cheers

To all those who are haveing problem with Liveware3 I be make Picture ver step bye step.

Hang in there it will take few days to make I should have done late firday or afternoon satday.

Still no go ... but I want to thank for the ongoing support by all the people on this board biggrin.gif

Thank you. I'm looking forward to see the new instructions.

I followed the instructions and tried this several times. Your new, step by step instructions are great. That is exactly what I did. After I installed Liveware 3.0 from the CD and reboot, the creative programs show up in Task Manager -> Processes and are using 0 cpu but they do not show up in Task Manager -> programs and from the desktop do not appear to be running.

I went through the now very clear instructions again last night.

I have 2 differences straight away.

1 - My existing (running) drivers do not have (WDM) in the name.

2 - I am running build 2128

Plus I am not sure if the latest instructions require a specific starting position or not.

Cheers

SHS,

I have an Sblive value.

Cool under 98SE, and I have basic sound support running on RC2 2128 except that Realjukebox won't record MP3s (plays OK though)

Live3, however will not get past the first bit of setup. _DEL and another executable hang and require zapping with the task manager.

It would be great if you could shed some light on the matter smile.gif

Cheers,

RichardW

it could one few thing

1: did you run the run.cmd in safe mode ?.

2: did you do this ?.

Check the 'do not map through this device' box

3: Or didn't reupdate the drivers just like in step 3 or 6