Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
clutch

Watcha got for your desktop?

Oops, sorry bro. lol.

yakkob,

I tried desktop X with that exact theme you have. Pretty damn cool really. But one annoying as hell problem...what do you do about your taskbar? Like ICQ or Trillian? How can you answer your msgs? Also really like your custom folders, those rawk bawls.

Quote:

Oops, sorry bro. lol.

yakkob,
I tried desktop X with that exact theme you have. Pretty damn cool really. But one annoying as hell problem...what do you do about your taskbar? Like ICQ or Trillian? How can you answer your msgs? Also really like your custom folders, those rawk bawls.

I think I know what you mean about the 'bottom' taskbar..
You want to assign the cons with an application like trillian, etc.
Right click one of the icons on the taskbar ans 'select target' then browse to the app.exe you want to run.

If you are on about the usual 'windows' taskbar, I always have that at the top of the screen (from days of my Atari-ST - hehe), I just had it on 'autohide'.

Does this help?

Let me know m8

Haha, Atari ST huh? I had a 520ST and a 1040ST as well. That's right folks, 1 MB of RAM!!! Running my blazing fast processor at 8MHz.

lmao, I hated the damn joystick port on that damn thing, took hours to get it in it seemed hehe.

What was your fav program for it man?

I liked:

Kings Quest II

NeoChrome

Dungeon Master

Sun Dog (favorite)

What I mean is...Say someone answers you, I don't know how to "answer the message" on ICQ. I can launch the program just fine. But it seems I have to have the normal windows taskbar to do this or how can I do that???

Hey I got it finally...I used a slightly different one, but you're right, Desktop X is cool for something different. Thanks for the tips!

MacOS_Desktop.jpg

Looks cool m8, glad you got it sorted smile

Desktopx can take a bit of getting used to, but if you are willing to try and do things different it can be quite rewarding and is a helluva lot easier on the eye than the normal windows desktop.

'Dungeon Master' was one gr8 game on the Atari ST, as was 'Super Sprint' (definatley the best coin-op conversion).

And YES, the joystick ports were a pain in the ***! lol

BUggy Boy was also a good conversion if my memory serves me right.

In fact...

Damn it Phillip, set up an ATARI - ST forum now smile

hehe

8)

Where do you get that that theme yakkob cause i have been lookin for it,not the vanessa girl but the taskbar?

Mine:

mydesk.jpg

or at least that was mine... That along with the rest of my stuff currently resides on my 20Gb drive which is very, very sick at the moment. Right now I'm using the default Windows XP b/g and the default Windows XP theme on an installation I've created on a 6.4Gb drive I had spare.

Here's my current desktop...

Hingis_Desktop.jpg

Oh, hey Clutch...guess who was in The Outer Limits tonight.....? smile

to post pics, or not to post pics, that is the question... laugh

ooohhhh never done 1 of these desktop type messages before smile

desktopofdoom.jpg

Cool smile Also that makes it a shocking 500 posts frown

[Edit]Really shouldnt have deleted that pic smile

I've been porting over some of the exceptionally nice 128 pixel OS X icons onto the PC. The basic problem with these is that XP can only do 48 pixel icons, so I use DesktopX from Stardock which enables me to use images of any size with full alpha transparency. End result - the original OSX icons, the way the artist wanted them to look. Screenshot shows DesktopX running with some TriTanium OSX icons, along with my own Chromedome resource meter, the ChosenOS winamp2 skin, the ChosenOS windowblinds skin and my own iconpackager suite of icons. I think it looks pretty nifty ... doktdesk050502.jpg

I would love to post my wallpaper pic but it's giving me some error.

What to do?

Upload it to your webspace, get the full URL for it, then just use the IMG button in the Post Reply editor applet [or whatever it's called :)]