Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Morto

Troubles with ASPI & Pioneer DVD 103s

Has anyone had any success getting ASPI to work with this drive? I've tried LOTS of ASPI layers - Adaptec, Symbios, Pokiosoft (sp?) - none of them work.

More specifically, they can't "see" the drive, and Pokiosoft's ASPI quits with:

"ASPI Initialisation failed.

Error code: F0000006h"

Also, "Enable digital audio for this CD-ROM device" under device manager doesn't work - the drive just skips through the tracks when trying to play an Audio CD.

I'm using a Pioneer 103s DVD drive on a BP6 motherboard with two celeron 400s. I'm running RC2 (although the same problem occured in build #2114).

The drive is hooked up to the secondary IDE channel and is the master (and only) drive on that channel.

I have not been able to find a cause for these problems (which DID NOT occur in Beta 3 on the same machine), so I thought I'd ask for some suggestions.

Morto.

same here buddy, I have the 103s the 6xdvd and it doesnt work. I havent had one aspi layer to work i dont know what those people are doing but someone should write one.

I got a 103s and it works with the aspi-layer from adaptec. If you have adaptec cd creator try to install the aspi-layer by running aspiinst -force from disk 1.

can you do me a big favor and copy the aspi layer and make a zip file of it for me. I dont have either that adaptec software or an adaptec card but i have heard that the adaptec aspi also works with nero..

ckrikos@earthlink.net

It turns out that the problems I'm suffering were caused by the HighPoint ATA/66 drivers not responding to ASPI requests properly.

So I guess it's broken until HighPoint write better drivers....

Morto.

have you checked the HPT/66 drivers on my page, for some weird reason i think newer ones were released, i saw them somewhere but at that time i was not able to download them, keep searching..

chameleon.gif

win2kbox.8m.com

[This message has been edited by chameleon (edited 09 November 1999).]