Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iks

Apps under XP reacts very slow...

Hello.

I have a problem under WindowsXP - Some of installed applicatios reacts extremely slow to certain commands. For example OutlookXP: it works just fine fo everything but when I create a new mail message application (word) stop responding for ~3 minutes... Corel Photo Paint 10 is waiting for ages when I try to create a new image. File/Print dialog is reacing so slow that I have to wait ~2 minutes when I choose File/Print and ~2 two more minutes for every change I made...

The apps just stops respondig... and then after a while (if I have nervs to wait) it usualy works...

Why?

I had this problems before... I reformated my system drive... And now... after some time the problems came back...

Thanks for reading this and for any help...

Hi, thewizard75...

Yeah I am running DSL and LAN 24/7 if you mean that...

Does network has something in common with my problems?

Thanks again,

Hello,

I see that you use the DSL. I have a DSL modem (USB) too and when this one is switch on, my computer reacts slow in games, applications,...

So when I want to play, to use an application which asks a lot of performance, I switch off my USB DSL modem.

I think that your problem is more important (you have to wait 3 minutes .... me just 10 sec ) ;( because you are one a network too .

So try to switch off your network and your DSL modem and see ... if it works ... !

I see that the problem is more important on slow computers (400 Mhz) than on faster computers (800 Mhz).

Bye, Valéry

Hello, valery,

Thanks for your answer... I will try to dosconnect my DSL modem to see if my system is going to work any better...

But I am using a modem that is connected to my network card directly (or my computer and modem are connected trough the network hub)...

And it won't work any better if I just turn off the hub...

It's maybe something wrong with my network...

Thanks,

Don't think it is the DSL doing it. I have internet over the LAN, and Corel Draw 10 is working very slowly for me too. There is another post somewere in this forum, also talking about this problem.

Check your event log to see if any services are hanging. Then set those services to automatic.