Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sapiens74

Best Mouses?

Mouses smile

Well, I have a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer, the new version, version 2.0 I believe.

Love this mouse to bits.

Not the wireless version, that makes a high-pitched beeping noise and it drove me mad for the day I had it.

I believe it's best MICE, even though I'm not a native english speaker smile

Anyways, the Intellimouse Explorer is a bit "too" much of an artifact, I prefer the Intellimouse Optical. I found a good deal in a shop last week, a MS Internet Keyboard (PS2) and a MS Intellimouse Optical (PS2/USB) for 50 € <- this is the Euro symbol, lol. The bundle (it's one package) comes around US$ 45....or so.

Well, with English being the strange language it is, either are actually correct.

Although fish rather than fishes & mice rather than mouses is the preferred "Queens English" versions.

I prefer the Microsoft Intellimouse Optical. I hated the original Explorer, but the new 3.0 version is very nice. They've moved the side buttons so they don't constantly get pressed during normal use.

Quote:

Well, with English being the strange language it is, either are actually correct.
Although fish rather than fishes & mice rather than mouses is the preferred "Queens English" versions.

So they use "mice" in Queens, and "mouses" in Brooklyn?? :P

Using a Logitech USB Wheelmouse Optical here & love it - best mouse I've ever used, though dunno about gaming as I hardly ever play games, but is still a great mouse - cost £30

Using "fish" as plural is correct when referring to multiples of the same species, while "fishes" is referring to multiple species. And in this case, I would think "mouses" would work since we are talking about all kinds of 'em. smile

Personally, I dig the MS Explorer Optical, but I think I would like pretty much any of the optical units for CAD and gaming.

The new version of the IntelliMice, 2.0 are very nice. I was checking one out in Best Buy the other day and they are real nice. I have the old 1.0 version and it rules. Also if your going to get a mousepad for the mouse get a RatPadz (www.ratpadz.com), it is the best mousing surface known to man. Plus with some teflon tape mouse feet you can make that thing fly across the surface of the pad.

So in order to game right you need the following things:

IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0 ~ $50USD

RatPadz ~ $20 USD

Teflon Tape ~ $5 USD @ K-Mart.

Hey don't go paranoid!It's only a joke :P.I'm not playing games that way! All i am saying is that i tried it once on my chick and it was working fine smile.

Well, I suggest not using a wireless.

They're too heavy for gaming, sometimes they cut out, and they're a waste of batteries.

I've got a couple of the MS Explorer 3.0 mice, and they're very nice. This was a swap from the original Explorer mouse.

The original Explorers are quite large, and the new 3.0 ones are slimmed down a bit. They are right hand only though due to the shape and positioning of the thumb buttons.

The Optical mice are shaped like a standard IntelliMouse, but with the addition of one extra button on each side. Personally I find them very uncomfortable to use, and the button on the right of the mouse isn't positioned very well. I have to move my pinky to get to it, and it makes my fingers ache after a very short period of time. Avoid these mice like the plague! smile

Definitely not wireless yet. You'll spend a small fortune on batteries.

Not sure about the dual-optical, but I've heard it's pretty good.

depends on the batteries, i've had the best lifetime with Energizers..i like the wireless ones, cords get in the way when you are fragging away laugh

Quote:

on your chick?

did you "tickle" her with it?

Haha!I meant to write "cheek"! Well you have to give me a break as English is not my native language! smilesmile

Well i love the logitec wheel mouse and the intellimouse explorer. the logitec is my main mouse and the one i use right now. my intellimouse eddie has . i love the intelliemouse cause the side buttons. they work nice as a jump button

I use a Logitech cordless mouseman optical {Dual would be better}, it's pretty good, though as someone said, use it alot {and I do} be prepared to support Duracell. New set for me is about every three weeks @ 12 to 16 hrs. use daily.

I also have a 'corded' Logitech usb mouse on standby.... You never know if you'll always have batteries wink

Same here, I have the two button intellimouse and and old oem ballmouse form logitech. I go through batteries every 3 weeks or less as well

Aside from batteries wireless arent going to be that good for this purpose (gaming) as although the dpi on them is marked up as high on the box the refresh rate is very low due to the lack of physical connection-- more important than the battery problem i would say..