Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ebola-mayinga

Adobe Acrobat (5.0) and Photoshop (6.0.1)

Hi,

I recently upgraded to WinXP Pro from Win2k Pro. Now suddenly Acrobat and Photoshp stopped to work. While starting up Photoshop pops up the following error message:

"Unable to continue because of a hardware or system error.Sorry, but this error is unrecoverable".

And while starting Acrobat windows always pops up an error message saying that there is exception in cooltype.dll.

I already tried to reinstall the progs but it didn't stop the problem.

Anybody got a solution?

CU

Ebola

Remember one thing every time you upgrade an operating system. Always check for all the little or minor patches to programs on their websites after upgrading. The most annoying thing is most likely you will have to uninstall the program reboot, reinstall the program and when prompted to reboot choose no. Then apply the patch and then reboot. This is the safest method and will avoid all conflicts. Since I have both of these programs myself I know that they have patches for both ie: Acrobat 5.05 and Adobe 6.01 or 6.02. Unfortunatley the patches are rather large so don't get distracted they are worth the wait. I am running them on XP Pro without a glitch.

Shoe

Did you do a clean install of winxp or did you just upgrade? Cuz those programs run fine here, version 5.0 for acrobat en 6.0 for photoshop...