Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mike3169

Possible Solution for Infinite Loop,Nvidia,BSOD's

Read this over at TweakXP's forum. Posted by OPEN_SOURCE.

Try going into Services under Administrative Options in Control Panel.

Disable anything relative to Nvidia Services.

Someone is stating on TweakXP that this service for some reason is causing the NVidia driver to be loaded twice.

Worth a try for some of you out there. I have had it disabled on my machine and haven't had any BSOD's since, but then again I've been switching drivers so much, who knows. Wortha shot though.

I now have been running BSOD free since I upgraded to the 27.20 Detonators and disabled the Nvidia Service. But that is just me. I also have a friend in Florida with the same exact problems as most and he did the same thing as I did, except he is running the 23.12's and he too has disabled Nvidia Service. He hasn't had a BSOD since.

Mike

Nope that doesn't work.

My solution to fix "infinite loop" errors.

Took out my VP6 mobo (133a chipset) Insert KR7A-Raid mobo. Fixed! smile

Epox KHA+ with Via drivers (4in1, AGP, Busmaster)and Latency patch 18 with Nvidia Detonators 27.20 plus reg patch and overclocking all.

It is safer to avoid Detonators 22.XX and 23.XX.

I am also running a VP6 and it has been a real pain in the arse the last few weeks. However, after trying everything under the sun, it looks like unintalling the latency patch did the trick for me. I am running 27.20 detonators on a GF3, latest Via 4-in-1's, and using HPT370 v2.3 enabled bios and drivers and today it has been a happy camper.

:}

Yes, I have to say I have been very disappointed with the VP6 overall. Even though it *seems* to be running fine again, I still wouldn't mine trading this board out for a different dual P3 (socket 370) motherboard. Any one have any suggestions? Intel chipset preferred, hehe.

PS Yes, when I have the cash I will just go to a P4 rig, but I can only spring for a replacement mobo currently.

UPDATE.

Possible Solution in the Horizon for the Infinite Loop.

Please read this post at VIAARENA Forum.

http://forums.viaarena.com/messageview.cfm?catid=25&threadid=9263

It is not necessarily a WIN XP Problem.

It is not necessarily a VIA issue.

It is not necessarily an Nvidia issue.

It is not necessarily a MOBO manufacturer issue.

It could be a little of all involved but what it boils down to is the Current on the 3.3volt line. PLease read the post.

http://forums.viaarena.com/messageview.cfm?catid=25&threadid=9263

Mike

I solved my problems by dumping my VP6. Either is was just going bad or inherently flawed, but the new Intel 815EEA2 motherboard has taken everything I have put into it, every driver I have installed, and every IRQ I can force it to share without a single solitary blessed BSOD...not a one. Yeah, I miss running a dual, but there is no substitute for stability.

For $150, I highly recommend this motherboard to anyone.

Hey mike3169 a BIG THANKS !!!!

I've been complaining of incorrectly 'sized' boxes for couple of years now, most tech sites have beaten this engineer pretty badly... Glad to see someone has wised up ! Your ON IT DUDE !!!

Hi

The only thing ive ever changed is the vid drivers and updated the via stuff(this never helped). The only set that I dont get it with are the 23.11s. The latest 27.xx are not as bad as pre 23.xx but still not good. Ive tried every "trick" posted here and elsewhere. Some work some to some extent most dont.

The whole situation, whatever the cause is a huge pile of Sxxx!

What is so bad about the 23.XX drivers? I have been running nothing but what NVidia has on their site for 14 months and never had problems and get great frames.

Quote:

LOL VIA
when is this crap gonna end

No offense, to you Four and Twenty, however, your post is neither significant or helpful to the current topic at hand. I for one appreciate this Forum and others like it and those who run it. BUT, I don't think it is appropriate for comments like the one you made. It is neither helpful nor informative. I'm sorry if you disagree or if anyone else does. I see you have a number of posts on this Forum and I am sure that a lot of them are helpful.

Mike

Please keep up to what is going on over at the post at VIA ARENA.
Voltage Issue and Infinite Loop?..or is it something else?

LOl.

GOt in the middle of a religous dicussion.

I had my first loop error the other day after installing the geforce 4 with Det 27.42. I disabled the service running form nvidia and hasn't happened since.

Quote:

LOl.

GOt in the middle of a religous dicussion.

I had my first loop error the other day after installing the geforce 4 with Det 27.42. I disabled the service running form nvidia and hasn't happened since.

Yes that helped me in the beginning too. However it may rear it's ugly face again..so be prepared. I notice you are running a lot of hardware by your sig. and you may need to investigate the possibilty of a power issue as posted in the VIAARENA forum if the problem comes back to haunt you. Hopefully though, disabling that service did it for you..I'll keep my fingers crossed too.

Mike

Perhaps this will help.... It's getting kinda dated, but generally it should get close.

http://pcnineoneone.com/howto/electricity1.html

Other examples would maybe come from your mobo manufacturer, i.e. Soyo claims this board to be "133mhz ready", but one of their 4 requirements listed is a psu that can supply 40+ amps to the 3.3v line.

Quote:

I've got a great PS tho.

Prol not the power

hmmm..I have the 350 Enermax as well and I was STILL getting Inifnite Loops with it. My loops subsided when I got the 431 w Enewrmax.

Mike