Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sapiens74

I'm a sellout!!

Quote:

the fact that amd/via are so popular now says any incompatibility issues will be solved, and more software will be optimised for this hardware.

They are popular mostly because they are so cheap. The people that brag about having these systems tend to be power users that also overclock, tweak, and fiddle with their systems anyway. These users tend to accept many problems and consider them normal. If anything, they are having even more problems than before since these motherboards are leaving the manufacturer defective, and rather than wait for the proper fix, they want their money now and need to get them out in the marketplace. The worst part is that people are spending the same amount on the motherboard as if it worked to begin with, and yet the customers are acting as field service techs for the manufacturers by handling all the BIOS updates and troubleshooting on their own. Not exactly the best way to do business from the customer end, now is it?

Amen

They release an unfinished product then add an A to the chipset revision a month later, then release the newer boards with less problems

wait, are you trying to tell me that via/amd products are released unfinished 100% of the time, and Intel's are always 100% complete?

Actually, I think I am telling you that the Intel products have been released with far less issues using current hardware/software, not to mention having its options working than Via has. I have used Via equipment, and it's trash. Many others feel the same way, but have been using their products because it was the only thing that's available for their AMD CPUs. Releasing add-on cards for faulty USB controllers and patches to enable simple things like "suspend" in Windows is ridiculous as these items should have worked right out of the box to begin with. So, did I say Intel was perfect? No. I do say that Via's track record is poor and now AMD is sliding down that slippery slope with their new releases.

No kidding.

The worst intel has odne is have to recall a motherboard for which they replaced it with a free stick of ram for the trouble

And all the bug ridden VIA boards they have yet to recall one, but opt to make a chipset "revision" and just release a new board that halfway works.

plus intel has used very similar chips for the southbridges on all of the 800 series. They have found something that works and improved on it with each new chipset that they make. Via is still struggling to make something that works in the first place. AMD is a little better than VIA but they have their own problems like the NMI errors, not being able to use all the ram slots, no usb on the mpx etc.

I'll have to agree with AMD's chipsets sliding a bit. I know that the USB isn't the most critical part, but still that just makes the 760MPX look bad just for that. The NMI errors are certainly an issue, and the RAM slots are disappointing in that you need registered RAM in all board (except the KG7---bleh!) with any variant of the 760 chipset if you want to use more than 2 slots.

Like I say, I've had good luck with Via, and I'll continue to use it at home. May not be everybody's fav, but it works for me. The Nforce is definitely cool, but I don't need it right now. However that would be a great chipset if I needed to toss together a new system quickly.

needing registered ram is not the problem that i was refering too

if you are going high end dual you should have registered ecc ram anyway.

the ram issue i was speaking of was the fact that the mp chipset is only supported with 3 out of 4 banks filled. WTF you get a 4th slot that might work! WTF

if intel did that the AMD/VIA people would never shut up. But AMD did it and it is ok cause it is their first attempt at dual. Fuk that. If the AMD chipsets aren't ready for prime time they shouldn't be out there. Intel doesn' use their customers for beta testing where does AMD get off. and this bullshit with nameing **** 1600+ what a goddam joke

Lol.

I agree with most of that minus the Athlon naming convention. I do think that pure megahertz is hard to judge a cpu's speed.

They should also take into consideration how often your machine crashes, and minus that from the athlon rating

Thus 1800+ - 270 (15% downtime) = 1530 - 180(10% of stuff that doesn't run right) = 1350

So an Athlon XP 1800+ is really a p4 1350

ANd that's being conservative

Bah tha fic board ihave is running perfest now that i did a fresh install of xp,but the thing is i shouldn't have to worry bout anything i should just be able to install the board and not have to worry if it's gonna crash or when it's gonna crash or whatever else.

The thing that makes me pissed most of all is the fact that companies don't disscontinue the use of deffective products which lead to peeps buying pretty much junk. and the new mp and xp

what's so great bout them, yeah may have a bigger cache or whatever

and a little moree speed but they got the naming all messed up

i am sorry buti have been a die hard amd fan buti am bout to own a p4 system cause i am tired of the issues and all that.AMD NEED TO MAKE THIER OWN CHIP THAT ACTUALLY WORK PERFECT.....GO INTEL GO

You know you want too,

Get a good DDR board and you know that counting the 50 dollar coolers you need with an AMD chip, an P4 is about the same price, for a boxed version.

BTW i gave my best friend my Athlon 1.4 and MSI board, let him deal with it hehe

Great way to make an enemy, but [censored] his girlfriend would have prolly been more fun...

wink

Hes a glutton for punishment I guess.

It's my payback for him getting a better IPAQ.

Can't sync it right when he's running a Via MB.

MMWWHAHHAHHAHAH!!

Oh and i got a qusetion for you all, which p4 though i mean socket wise and what is a good board for overclocking

Quote:

Great way to make an enemy, but [censored] his girlfriend would have prolly been more fun...

wink

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah laughlaughlaugh

Oh, and as for the AMD760 lineup with the registered memory, I wasn't referring to just the dual CPU setups specifically. While it's not a bad thing to have registered ram, the thought of having to using to use more than 2 slots on a non-server board is kind of a turn off to some people, especially if they don't require it. (tweakers and enthusiasts).

Well i just fixed my lockup problem. ihad icq downloaded and for some reason after i installed it, my comp locked up.well i uninstalled it and downloaded icq again .....bang no lockups

runs like a champ so for those that run icq check that