Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
H4rM

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL errors, pls help

I get BSOD stop error messages in WinXP Pro that state IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

and show this: 0X0000000A (0X00000004, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X804F1A9E)

Someone help me make sense of this so i can fix my problems whatever they may be. There must be a way to decipher these STOP codes so i can get right to the problem.

Does anyone know, or know of a site that does?

1.POST your hardware configuration ...

2.I used to get that error message after

overclocking my FSB too high

Regards D.

At present my system specs are:

1ghz 200mhz Tbird @ 1.523ghz stable

Abit KT7A-Raid with 64 Bios and 2.01.19 Highpoint drivers

512 mb of PC166 SDRAM

Geforce 3 Ti500

SoundBlaster Xgamer 5.1

Dual 3com NIC's

Dual WD 40gig Hdrives on Raid-0 ATA100 (80 gig total space)

Dual WD 20gig Hdrives on IDE ATA66 (40 gig total space)

1-8x4x32 CD-RW's on IDE

1-DVD Drive

Floppy drive

300W Sparkle power supply unit

Watercooling setup

Dual voltage mod.

5v rail mod.

Northbridge mod. using Blue Orb cooler (lapped true)

2- 80mm Sunon 40cfm fans

1- 92mm Sunon 42cfm fans

1- 120mm Panaflo 90cfm fan

Neon Blacklite (10" - 12v)

Cold Cathode blue lite (12v)

1523.31.jpg

I use to get that errormessage too - it disappeared when I changed my bios-setting from optimal to normal. I have a Asus A7V motherboard, whith athlon 1200

I used to get this with my old motherboard with windows 2000. I tried everything but this error would come whenever it wanted.....

Got a new Asus P3V4X. Never seen it after that.

ARC

this might seem crazy, but any time i goto www.pogo.com and select "Turbo 21", i get that blue screen with the same error. Even my NT machine crashes from it. Nothing else so far has caused that error except for that site!

Heres my experiences - perhaps someone will have an idea of whats wrong? (I hope!) smile

I installed XP Pro there 2 nights ago, figuring that as it's been out a while now, there'll be decent drivers, patches/updates and posts from experienced users of the opsys (like those here!) to be worthwhile.

I wiped out my 2k partition (easy when you have everything stored on a second HD) formatted it to NTFS and loaded XP....so far so good.

Installed my drivers: Detonator 23.11 (for my CL GF3 Ti200), Lucent v8.xx (sorry, I'm at work at the moment so don't have exact version numbers for some of these) v.92 drivers, and the SB Liveware3 drivers for XP/2k....all still fine.

Loaded in some apps - left games out for now - Norton AV 2002, Norton Firewall 2002, Office 2000, Easy CD Creator 5 and a few other bits and pieces (Winamp, Winzip etc)....all still A-OK

Now, figured I better take it online and patch some of these security holes I've been reading about....here's where things go awry...

I downloaded the current "critical" security updates (about 8 of them) and figured while I was at it better include the others..13 updates total (25MB on dialup - better to get it all over with in one go :))

Since I did this, I've been getting the dreaded "IRQL_NOT_LESS..." BSOD when I either Shut Down or Restart the machine, something I've hardly seen since my Win98 days (never even touched ME ;))...I systematically removed each update, but the problem still occurs...I even used System Restore (reminds me of a similar program I used to use - Configsafe) to bring it back to a point PRIOR to install the Windows Updates but STILL I'm getting the BSOD. Note this happens also in Safe Mode.

So, short of reloading the system back to 2k - which I'm sorely tempted to do - has anyone any suggestions? I should add that aside from this, XP works fine...starts back up each time without any problems.

Brief description of my Setup :

Dell XPS T550 (PIII @ 550Mhz)

384MB PC-100 RAM

CL SBLive Value

CL GF3 Ti200

LT v.92 Ready H/W Modem

Toshiba 6x DVD-ROM

Plextor 16/10/40 CD-RW

Maxtor 40GB & 12GB HDs

Software as above....

Thanks in advance for any help guys - sorry for the "essay"! smile

hmmmm...weird. does your dvd work correctly? Speed and such? I have heard of weird problems with dvd-roms under xp and only operating at 1x speed without proper drivers.

If I was you, I would remove all devices that you possibly can from the computer leaving nothing in there but your HD, floppy, and vid card. If the problem persists, swap out the vid card if you have a spare just to test it. If it still doesnt work, wipe it out and start over and dont install those patches...

You might want to check out that link posted above...good luck

don't know if you've figured this out yet, but even if you have this info might be good for someone else..

i'm 99.999% certain your problem is caused by running Norton AntiVirus 2002 and ZoneAlarm simultaneously. The 2 just WILL NOT play nicely together, and produce this exact error under XP.

Unfortunately, the only solution I've found is to uninstall one of them. On my system, I've removed ZoneAlarm.

Hope this helps.