Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
enio

Help !!! Need to uninstal via4in1(ide driver) asap

Im having problems with my burner, in viahardware some guy post faq in wich says that via ide driver can corupt data u are burning and to revert to original microsoft ??? Please i need help really fast !!!!! frownfrownfrown

yes i tried it, says uncheck the files that u dont want to install???

does that mean i uninstaled it or what?????

YES, if you re-run the setup for the VIA-4in1's UNCHECK everything during the steps and that WILL uninstall the VIA 4in1 drivers.

Mike

when i do that it seems that they are still thereconfused how would know for sure ???

If in doubt (with msft), crash and install.

Repartitioning is the best way, but a quick format will do if you're pressed for time.

Quote:

when i do that it seems that they are still thereconfused how would know for sure ???

Are you runing Win98? If yes, then go to Device Manager, VIA IDE Controller and Update Driver, during Update steps, Select HAVE DISK and ALL Manufacturers, Select STANDARD IDE controller and basically force it to use that driver.

Mike

Naah im on XP, hey mike we have the same mobo!!! Have problems with your sblive?

Hey enio.

I ONLY had problems when I used the drivers from Creative. When I use the Windows XP drivers, it works fine. I also did Windows Update and it automatically updated the SB Live drivers.

So I guess the first thing I would do if your having problems, is Rollback to the XP drivers, then run Windows Update and se if there are updated drivers through Microsoft.

Mike