Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DosFreak

Text mode Quake 2

Quote:
Intel P4 1.7@2GHz (Someone find me a better cooler in the UK)

Completely off-topic, but I was in Maplin the other day buying some cheap case fans, and noticed that they sell Peltier coolers for CPUs - would that be enough cooling for you?

AndyF winklaugh

That would be great smile Except that i would probably need water cooling to go with it, and knowing me i would probably screw up my whole pc with water frown

Im really looking for something like the Swiftech MCX-478 HS/F but the only place i found that sold it and shipped to the UK was in Holland, think ill have to ship it in. frown

Water? For a peltier? I thought they were purely electronic devices?

Hmmm...just been away for a look, found this site, no mention of water cooling. I guess the main consideration would be to have a heatsink big enough to carry the heat generated by the peltier, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem for AMD users!!

You've got me thinking though - maybe time to start experimenting?!

Rgds

AndyF

Yes they are electronic but you still need something to be able to cool the 'hot' side. I dont think that heatsinks can cope with it (at least the higher power peltiers) so i would have to use water to get decent results. I would probably need a better HS than the intel stock anyway smile

BTW i might give it a try smile ill look into it. 1 more consideration is power, i dunno if my 431w PSU would cope with a good peltier + all the other devices i have, the voodoo 5500 (not in sig) probably uses about 400w on its own laugh

If you try it let me know how it goes smile