Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sapiens74

Game Of The Year!!!

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

Ok

It's getting close to the New Year and it's time to vote for game of the year. I am including all games from any platform and I would also like to have input on the Platform of the Year!

My 2 cents are for the game of the year:

It's a tie

Halo - XBOX

Max Payne - PC

Platform of the year hands down is the PC. Had the most great titles and can do stuff the other platforms cannot. Looks like 2002 will be an even better year with W3, DNF, and Unreal 2 coming out.

Counter-Strike absolutly. I cant beleve you can get it for free, talk about value for money. But i also really loved Aliens Vs Predator 2, great atmosphere and good graphics and it finally has a decent story.

GTA3 would be my fav console game but the PC has to be platform of the year, authough i dunno if it will be next year with all these new consoles coming out.

"rock"

Im glad to see no-one has said Return to castle wolfenstein smile 'yet' ;(

"rock"

I like AVP2 as well, just havent played it enough. Im a little biased against sequals tho. One of the reasons I thought the PC had such a strong lineup , cause they had a lot more originality.

XBOX was the only other platform with new stuff, The gamecube and PS2 just have more of the same tho they are still great games nonetheless.

Nothing wrong with sequels as long as they are good, and i think that 2 is better than 1 in this case smile

AVP2 'rocks' smile L O L

My friend actually bouoght this game and I saw it a couple times, unfortunately he just got deployed to go to war and he wanted me to watch over his stuff so now I have the game. I just wish it was under better circumstances

After playing more of AVP2 I have been totally unimpressed. Same old story with terrible graphics. I agree with Carmack on the Lithtech engine. It sucks

Fair enough, we are all entitled to our opinions. But tbh i dont care if the lithtech engine 'sucks', all i care about is how it looks and runs, and it happens to look and run great. Obviously its not as 'good' as a good opengl engine like q3 but it fits the game perfectly and manages the lighting better than ive seen any other engine do it.

And how can you say it has 'terrible graphics' the graphics are fantastic. Authough it does require a pretty good PC to get them like that, ill give u some screenshots of it looking great if you want smile

I just really enjoyed the first game, but the problem was that the missions were essentially seperate levels with no link between them. AVP2 makes all the stories interlinked and you really have to play all 3 to get the full experience. Maybe its a game that you either love or hate (cue the ppl now who say 'its ok').

Hehe I wrote that mad hehe. I was playing last night and I guess I was expecting something different.

Just thought it was too much like every other game. and after halo my standards have been raised

Must be good if it 'rocks', ill download the demo and give it a go smile

I've got a friend that lives for that game and if you are a NASCAR fan or even a racing fan it is a great game. Probably my pick for racing game of the year.

AVP2 became the first game I went out and BOUGHT simply due to a demo...

Sure, I bought Half Life, but that was after using a pirated copy for about 6 months...and sure I own Tribes 2, but I didn't buy it.

AVP2 was worth my 35 bucks...and I'd pay it again in a heartbeat.

As for the ones up there, Max Payne, w/o a doubt.

Well I finally Got RTCW and it's pretty damn cool. I was pleasantly surprised by the gamepla and the graphics, IT's definately up there in the top 5 or so. On a second note I finally got GTA3 and all I can say is the PC version needs to come out. THe pS2 just cannot do a game justice.

I dont think i could have been more disapointed with RTCW frown but the multiplayer is good, but then thats not what wolfenstein should be all about. But i have played the demo of medal of honour recently and its about the only game in a long time that i really really wanna get smile

Na its not my favorite game in the world, its certainly not a bad game, just not what i was expecting. Just when i was playing the first game you were in a castle, and you got to shoot nazis and even hitler ! not some stupid skeletons and mummys. Great graphics but i didnt think it was anything special, especially after i had read so many great previews in magazines.