Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MWT

Abit mobo recommendations

I'm looking to upgrade to an Athlon system. Can anyone recommend any Abit mobos that work well with XP?

Thanks in advance,

Any abit mobo will do. Ill go from newest to oldest, kr7a, kg7, kt7a, kt7. First two use 2100 ddr memory while others use sdram and they all kick butt. Check rewiews on various sites !!! Abit rulez. Heil Abit.(im not german nor i indorse nazis):Dlaughlaugh

And don't forget, their are RAID variants of these babies! I'd also suggest going DDR also.

I thought the BE6 sucked, but I'm far more impressed with my VP6. At this point the KG7 is a strong contender. I think Abit is overrated, but I'll wait and see if I get another Abit or not, as I've got some other boards in mind.

Also, does it have to be Abit. Epox and MSI mobo's cost less and are solid overall. I prefer Asus, but they're getting more expensive all the time, so I may get Abit after all.

This should get me going quite well.

Have a great holiday!

laugh

MWT you don't real need RAID unless you plan on doing AVI captureing or run a heavy data base where you need sh@t load of disk space one thing for sure your games are not gone any faster or runing the avg applications I go for Abit that don't have RAID on board like KG7 Lite.

Also, with Abit boards, you don't have to use the RAID functions if you don't want, but still use the extra IDE controllers.

Abit KG7, good board but uses the now supassed AMD 760 chipset, best bet, Abit KR7 Raid, excellent performance and great with Windows XP.

I'm eyeing the KG7-RAID or KR7A-RAID for my next upgrade, and probably the latter, so I can review something new. (ouch, my wallet)