Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ant -|- One

That particular blue...

I was just wondering where the 'blue color' so special to win2K (and winMe) lies within Win2k? Because I'm unable to set it back ...

Thanx for any hint, I would appreciate it much !

You can create it as a custom colour. The details are:

Hue:133

Sat:240

Lum:90

Red:0

Green:128

Blue:192

Thanx Bursar,

but how did you found this values ? It is very close but not exactly the same I think...

I take it nevertheless, if no updates.

Just taken from a fresh install of W2K on one of my machines - screen capture, load into PaintShop Pro and read values:

Red: 58

Green: 110

Blue: 165

I really like this deep blue too smile

Thank you FrogMaster, your values are the right ones and I set that lovely blue back as a custom color. A friend of mine has told me to do the very same thing (with Photoshop instead).

Thank you anyway ! I got it back and others will surely benefit from these values.

Hmm, odd that my values aren't the same. I don't recall playing with it, but I must have done. I'll make the changes to my home machine tonight and see how they compare.

Yeah,

Let's find the best background blue. Original windows, maybe, but slightly deeper.

Maybe removing a little bit of green. We could have that deep Mediterranean incredible colour. Greek islands style if you see what I mean

smile

I changed my settings to the ones above, and thought that it just looked 'dirty'.

It will also depend on the other 3 settings that I mentioned. All you need to do is go into the custom colours section of the background colour settings and it will tell you exactly what all the numebrs are.

Much easier than going into PSP and using the eye-dropper tool smile

If you are talking about the default windows screen. Then do the following thing to change the settings:

open regedit.exe

choose HKEY_USERS

Select Desktop under Defualt folder

Double click the Wallpaper string on the left hand side.

Choose your own bmp and give the complete path address at the Value data:

Click ok and close the registry.

If you are not talking about the default screen please forgive me.

Thanks for the tip, but we were actually talking about the default blue desktop colour in Windows 2000 rather than setting images as the background.