Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dzian

Administrator Pass Recovery

Is there anyway to recover the Administrator password, I made the terrible mistake of not writing or memorizing that. Also can I put the administrator login in the normal boot, instead of apearing only when booting in safe mode?

Thanks to anyone, really need help on this

Try

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

----------------------

Forgot your NT admin password?

Reinstall? Oh no.. But not any more..

Offline NT Password & Registry Editor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview

This is a utility to (re)set the password of any user that has a valid (local) account on your NT system, by modifying the crypted password in the registrys SAM file.

You do not need to know the old password to set a new one.

It works offline, that is, you have to shutdown your computer and boot off a floppydisk. The bootdisk includes stuff to access NTFS partitions and scripts to glue the whole thing together.

Note: It will now also work with SYSKEY, including the option to turn it off!

Why?

NT stores it's user information including crypted versions of the passwords in a file called 'sam', usually found in \winnt\system32\config. This file is a part of the registry, in a binary format previously undocumented, and not easily accessible. But thanks to a German(?) named B.D, I've now made a program that understands the registry. As far as I know, Microsoft provides no way of changing the password if you cannot log in as someone with appropriate privileges, except restoring the registry files from the rescuefloppy.

You don't forget passwords?

You never get boxes to admin when someone quits suddenly?

Your vendor delivers a preconfigured system to you, but never have "freak" accidents and lose the password they've set on it?

If so, what are you doing reading this?? Go read propaganda from your favourite software vendor instead.