Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
djelite

{HELP} internet LAN connection is intermittent ...

always having to use "REPAIR" to reconnect. i'm lucky if i'm up consistently for 45 minutes. been this way for 3 days now. tried to restore for the hell of it but, restore ain't doint its job by restoring laugh (blahaha). i'd haaaaaaaaate to have to do a clean system re-install just to get it freakin' working again. KNOWLEDGE ME GREAT PEOPLE! smile

MAHALO!

I had a similar issue with W2K, it turned out that if I had the NIC speed setting at auto the card broke the connection every now and then to test for highest possible speed. Try setting your NIC properties speed setting to a fixed 100 or 10.

H.

I tried 10 Full Duplex and it happened again. Imma try 10 Half Duplex and will see what happens.

If you have a LAN (more than one NIC) you must do this on each card.

If you still have the problem at 10 / half duplex I'd suggest you look at your DHCP settings and for all you error log to see if they give a clue to whats going on.

Good luck.

H.

it was my freakin Internet Provider. They were up and down for several days. sheeeeeeeeeesh... ;(

Unfortunately I still have a similar issue.

Was fine at first..now I need to `repair` always before accesing the net..and then it stops till a re-repair after some minutes..anoying and weird.

I have a cable connection and the connection with the provider remains stable.

Any help is ofcourse greatly appreciated.