Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Icy_spanish

The sims on winxp

Hi, i can't run the sims on winxp, when i run the .exe it says it's a non win32 app, what happends?

Thx in advance for the help.

Are you running a hacked executable, No-cd patch anything? RC1, RC2, Release version of XP? I have no troubles running the Sims or The Livin' Large add-on on any of my systems....And I paid for all three of my computers to run XP legally.

Ed

...in the piracy. That's not the problem!

I bought win2000 and then upgraded to XP and already have this game, it DOESN'T WORK!!!

Maybe it's time to Microsoft to assume it's fault, I wish I didn't purshased at all, I could save my money at least.mad

What you might want to do is uninstall, then re-install the Sims.

dude, i think your problem is that you are either using a "no-cd crack" for the game or you screwed up Win2k/WinXP in the Upgrade, i suggest you format your computer and reinstall a clean copy of WinXP and it would help if you didn't use cd cracks.

I'm having a problem with "the sims" on WinXp...

The game loads at first, then the screen gets black and the window where the game should run gets minimized (goes on the systray). The pc stays locked for a while, and tryies to load the game for other three times (the screen becomes black but in 2 seconds the desktop comes out again).

Is it an OS-related problem, or is it due to the 3D board (nVidia Geforce2 mx/mx400) ?

ever try windows update adn enw vid card drivers? Dx update?

the usual things

the sims works fine on XP so this is not an MS issue.

Fixed

laugh

Checked... No need to update the OS, neither the video drivers...

The problem was the fact that WinXp keeps lots of background processes.

I killed almost all user processes (except explorer) and then the game started...

Thanks anyway

Originally posted by Muad_dib:

Quote:
I'm having a problem with "the sims" on WinXp...

The game loads at first, then the screen gets black and the window where the game should run gets minimized (goes on the systray). The pc stays locked for a while, and tryies to load the game for other three times (the screen becomes black but in 2 seconds the desktop comes out again).

Is it an OS-related problem, or is it due to the 3D board (nVidia Geforce2 mx/mx400) ?

hey i downloaded the sims just fine, then when i try to start it up the white "the sims 2" box pops up and thats all. nuthin else! i dont know much so please help. thx smile

help i cant install the sims1 on xp pro it says

c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft windows applications.

plz help!!