Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scooby

Intel I740 / Open GL Woes / Win2k

Hello,

Just recently installed Win2k / 2114, No problems with the install, all hardware went ok, but I've been trying to get the OpenGl for the I740 running, and it seems that despite the registry hack (adding gfxdrv key) doest work.. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get OpenGL running on this thing? BTW, Tried using the Intel PV 4.0 win 9x drivers, but Win 2k doesnt like them at all.. (wont even let me install them)

Regards,

------------------

.\\att

I try it testing i740 sunday.

It use to work my best guest is may no long work being the last time I test it was with builder 1946, the last I hear it was still working in 2031.

I wrote that one to.

*ah crap* I guess there will be no fraggin' in Win2k until Intel gets off it's laurels. or somebody figures this out.. frown

------------------

.\\att

Just buy a new vid card =) the voodoo3 2000 is nice and cheap and available in pci and agp, is pooploads faster and seems to be the card that works the best with win2k.

yes yes, a new vid card would certainly solve the problem, but.. I'm saving my clams for a G400 Max.. Soon, very soon..

I tried the above but couldnt get it working... have the rc build 2172 and a compaq EP 6350 woith an i740 card.

Halflife wont acknowledge my opengl drivers as valid...

Any more tips on this???

------------------

//Kirne

--- Email Message from Boris Loboda ---

i740 driver with OpenGL-support available on http://mrnatural.hardwarefiles.com/drivers/i740drivers.html http://mrnatural.hardwarefiles.com/drivers/w2ki740.zip

I tested it in Half-Life (OpenGL-mode) - all OK. Also I tested it

D3D-mode -

game run, only speed too slow (in OpenGL run fast).

--- Rip Here

Tried the above driver with W2k - 2114, Says it's missing a file.. frown