Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
enio

nvidia drivers for XP

The best performing dets are still 12.90(dx) but in opengl 1080 kill every other driver, can you or can you not mix these two.

You could try grabbing the 1080 opengl32.dll file and using it to replace the 12.90 one but I'm not sure if it would work.

your kidding right?

for you the best performing DET's are 12.90?

the 22.80 are 40% - 50% faster for me.

3dmark 2001 went from 5400 to 7900.

Quake 3 went from "thats pretty fast" to "your fuqing kidding me, right?"...

the 12.90's and 10.80's are DOGS in comparison.

at least for me.

The 10.80's have never let me down in Win2k--ever. The 21.81's are my new pick, but the 10.80's are my set to fall back on. I haven't been using WinXP for a while, but the last dets i'd run in it were the 14.40's--very nice performance IMO.

Well, it should be pointed out that not all cards are helped by newer drivers, so for the older chipsets often older drivers are the best choice.

Yes in 3d mark best performing dets are 22xx series but have you bothered to check d3d games(UT loses bigtime with new dets)you'l be surprised !!! 8)

i run everything in 1024 x 768 with quinqunx antialiasing or 1600 x 1200.

My unreal tourney doesn't go below 60+ fps on either one.

Hey Tweaked did you have any problems with your KG7-Raid and XP?? I have XP Pro and just don't have the balls to install it cause of my raid. I also have the KG7-Raid.

Wow thats some rigg tweaked, im building new machine based on kt266a + athlon XP just waiting to see which board is the best(think abit will be the best, "again" but if it doesn't come out soon im buying msi). Now im on duron + abit kt7 and asus7700 64mb :-))

i'm waiting for an nforce board.

i think the nforce is really gonna put the hurt to via.

Via has had too many wierd compatibility issues...

i know nvidia is new to the chipset market... but i got faith.

i'm waiting for them to design their own CPU.

laugh

Well yes im keeping my eye on nforce too but with all those gimmicks onboard i think it will be too expensive !!!

its going to be priced cheap...

less than $150

with the lan and killer audio onboard it is worth it.

I think now i know why 22.xx are slower in games for some, read it someware- aparently 22.xx disable enchanched cpu instructions it says that it is reverse if u disable you actualy enable so i benched but results are the same ??? As for nforce, it doesnt have probs with AthlonXP procesors like kt266(think that via will fix this promptly) so for now nforce is a go IF the price is right !!! Anywhone tried enchanced 22.50(better openGL or something) you can find them on http://www.warp2search.net

Well, the 22.xx seem to be the fastest Nvidia drivers so far but they cause some bad graphical Glitches in some Games (Alice, under certain circumstances Noone Lives Forever).

The best drivers for me are the 21.83 - they run a little bit slower but image-quality is much better than with the 22.xx drivers.

regards

true dat!

i have also found on my Uber tweaked system that the 21.83's are more stable.

22.x crash ocasionally with everything tweaked out.

the 21.83's can take all the overclocking no problem.

mind you the 22.x are perfectly stable with nothing overclocked.

but i'm a tweaker.

but i guess if i wanted perfectly stable i wouldn't overclock the **** out of everything.

BTW has anyone else notced that the 22.x have Side Band Adressing enabled by default?confused

can't just be me.

i am gonna see if disabling that returns my tweakin stability.:D

Can anywhone tell me why in d3d games i have slower fps with 22.40(best dets4 for me) than 12.90 when with 22.40 my 3dmark2001 score is 3029 and 12.90 is 2730. Has anybody noticed that dets4 haven't got d3d texture compresion in registry ?????

don't the 22.50's cause aftefacts in unreal tournament for any of you?i had problems with them-like once every second or so something strange would pop up,sort of like torn textures,so i went back to 21.88! shame since they were noticably faster.

the card is a msi geforce2 pro (not oc-ed)

Try 22.40, they are faster in 3dmark and games than 22.50(especialy in opengl) opengl sucks in 22.50(for profesionals the best drivers are 10.80 their open gl kicks a**), but somehow i get better fps in UT using 12.90confusedconfusedconfused. Anybody tried 15.70? They seem to perform little less than 12.90.

been playing Return To Castle Wolfenstein alot...

noticed that when i fire the Panzerfaust the explosion looks wierd...

its like i get text IN the explosion....

i'll chalk this up to the 22.80's being beta...

i've also found that with the 22.80's with opengl, when i use anisotropic filtering my framerate cuts in half...

didnt have that prob with 21.83's.

got cut by 1/3rd.

hmm.

whats the best OPENGL driver?

10.80, 2240, 12.90(in that order) have best opengl driver. Hehehe there is another version of detonators4 on the net 23.10, you can get it from here http://www.warp2search.com or savagenews !!!

Post your scores laughlaughlaughlaughlaugh

yeah i am digging on the 23.10's right now...

anisotropic filtering is MUCH faster for me, only a 15% speed los @ 4x (32 sample)