Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Derf

Aopen DVD drive

I've got an Aopen DVD drive on another box, and the weird thing is that it works fine with normal cd's and can even identify when there is a dvd in the drive, but it just can't play it... Any ideas short of getting a different drive?

Well... the nr 1 thing to do is to make sure that the region is right on the DVD. (I live in sweden (reg 2) and almoast always watch reg 1 movies.) If the region is right, there shouldn't be a problem really... If there is maby you should talk to the company that you bought it from... maby something is wrong with the Hardware? The laser may be damaged? Since CDs and DVDs use different laser settings...

The region is set correctly. I'm in the US and only watch region 1 dvds. I've even hunted down the firmware and updated that... I just don't know what else to do... it uses the same drivers as my toshiba (they both use the default xp cd driver), and it works perfectly... so well that when I couldn't watch a dvd on my ps2 because the cd was scratched too bad I tried my toshiba and it worked fine....

Maby U need new drivers? is XP recognizing the DVD as a DVD drive? I havn't had any problem at all with my Pioneer DVD dirve so i dunno... just wanted to make sure that the basic stuff wasn't the issue smile