Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DaveGahan

V3-V4-V5 Working .. Why NOT Voodoo 2 ???

Anthony Toste [The Great] and Hujer HoE have managed to make us a working drivers for Voodoo 3/4/5 .. thanx for the great effort guys .. really ... Zerosignull had a shot for Voodoo 3/4/5 too ...

BUT why everyone seems to neglect Voodoo 2 .. is it that hard ??

I have got a driver from here [http://www.ntcompatible.com/3dfxfaq.shtml tnx Anthony Toste :o) the only ones that worked with my voodoo 2] that makes 2000/XP recognize my voodoo 2 card but it says on the resouces tab "This device isn't using any resources because it has a problem" .. and games like Max Payne don't even recognise the card it just detects the normal video card only ... because Max Payne uses Direct3d which is not supported by Anthony Toste drivers frown ...

According to my experience there must be a way somewhere out there .. with all the cracking / tools / tweaks .. There must be a way around it .. there is no word like " can't be done " or " won't work on .. " .. there is always a way ... just no one did it yet .. and thats according to my experience " Nothing is impossible " they made mac files to be opened and edited on IBM .. also they made Atari .. commodore .. MSX basic to work under IBM .. using emmulators .. there must be a way .. and Hujer HoE proved that :o)

As far as I understood inorder to get the opengl drivers to work there must exist a opengl driver patch/dll in the game directory .... so after installing Anthony Toste's drivers I have to look for Max Payne's opengl Driver (not out yet) and install it to Max Payne dir in order to get it to use my voodoo 2 ... for quake I have to get another Quake opengl driver ... so its a opengl driver for each game ... I am not sure of this info (about "a opengl for each game" ) .. So any CORRECTIONS ARE MUCH WELCOMED ..

What I am trying to say is .. make us Voodoo 2 drivers too :o)

Still if u were not sucessfull I am still grateful to both of u :o)

tnx

urs

Dave

Voodoo2 is 2 old. It was great in it's time, but that time is a few years ago. SHS doesn't have to, and may not be able to make V2 XP drivers. Life sux, get on with it.

Quote:
SHS doesn't have to, and may not be able to make V2 XP drivers.

Sure man he don't have to..
Quote:

As I said : Still if u were not sucessfull I am still grateful to both of u shocked

He makes us the drivers because he is a cool guy who likes the challange .. but I know someone is able to do it .. and I think he can .. he was the only one able to make it work on XP(Specailly when he teamed up with Hoe) .. besides its was and still great and I play Max Payne on WinME .
Quote:
Life sux, get on with it.
[NO ME SUX] which is on the same machine which detectes it perfectly after installing the win9x drivers .. I am not gonna buy a new card for a game (not everyone affords that) .. and not because 3dfx died .. Nvidea don't support it(on purpose) .. neither for creative labs/Microsoft ..

Besides I don't give up that easy wink

Quote:
Note .. WinME came after Win2K , though Win2K doesn't detect it while WinME does so its not a matter of old and new .

urs
Dave

nvidea dont support it because they only bought some things from 3dfx:

Quote "we bought the rights to only some technologies relating to 3dfx(voodoo)technologies" end quote. They did not by the bits(intelectual rights) that would enable them to write drivers without breaching existing copywrites............so the story goes. Dont believe it myself!

vampy

And according to #WinXP @efnet

Quote:
#winxp- v3 == To solve all your 3DFX/Voodoo problems, buy a nVidia chipset based graphics card...

I have a friend that has a 16mb agp tnt card and a 12mb voodoo2 card and the Voodoo 2 card got detected in Winxp and he plays all Direct 3D supported games .. so in other words nVidia is saying:

Quote:
Buy a nVidia chipset based graphics card , and ur voodoo 2 will get detected

The answer is HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was forced to buy a new card .. I will make sure to stay away from nVidia .. to hell with them

Here is a petition to nVidia to make us the drivers (hope someone there listens) .. I can hear u guys say "YOU WISH" .. hehe

http://www.petitiononline.com/voodooxp/petition.html

urs

Dave

hey again peeps smile

Any new solutions came up ?? I posted this thread a long while ago .. I wonder if there is any updates on this problem ..

tnx

urs

Dave

Quote:
And according to #WinXP @efnet

If I was forced to buy a new card .. I will make sure to stay away from nVidia .. to hell with them

Here is a petition to nVidia to make us the drivers (hope someone there listens) .. I can hear u guys say "YOU WISH" .. hehe

http://www.petitiononline.com/voodooxp/petition.html
urs
Dave

Why should Nvidia make drivers for something they did not make? They only bought certain parts of 3dfx, not all of it.

I think if you still have a vodoo 2 it is time to save up $60 and get a new video card. ATI or Nvidia.