Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
drmax

Corel Draw 10 and WINDOWS XP

Any body here can tell me if COREL DRAW 10 , works fine under windows XP and

Thanks

confused

hrm, i have it... i'm just too lazy to install it :P heh i even worked for corel, my name is in the credits smile Oooo...

i'll try it this weekend if you want, classes are killing me right now.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Corel Draw 10.

We have a problem here, you are using a version of Corel Draw with an 'Even' release number which unfortunately means the product will be as buggy as hell!!

Corel Draw 4 - A nightmare package that crashed constantly

Corel Draw 5 - One of the best releases ever from Corel

Corel Draw 6 - Considered by many to be the piece of software released with the most amount of problems/bugs ever in the history of PC software.

Within 1 day of this product hitting the shelf, a 25MB SP1 file was available for download, within 3 weeks, if you had followed all the SP's and patches you had downloaded the whole program again.

Corel Draw 7 - Beautiful, 32bit like V6, however didn't contain any of the bugs or problems that Corel Hell 6 did.

Corel Draw 8 - Building on V7's interface and basic systems, but, for some reason known only to the Corel development team, they broke everything that worked so well in V7 and most new features simply didn't work.

Corel Draw 9 - Everything that was wrong with V8 fixed, quite how they dared to charge for this 'bug fix' is unknown.

Corel Draw 10 - ?

Oh well, good luck, but just be ready for Corel Draw 11 to fix any problems you currently have.

corel draw 10 is i believe one of the programs fixed in todays application compatibility patch on windowz update.

GOOD LUCK!

Actually, Corel 10 works fine under XP - a little slowly perhaps, but that seems to have been fixed by SP1.

Rgds

AndyF

Sorry to dissapoint you but CorelDraw 10 DOESN'T work well under XP. In our company's drafting dept we're ready to switch to Illustrator after twelve years using Corel.

CD10 has many many problems under Win2k as well as when using XP but now i found many XP specific issues.

- It doesn't recognize user security permissions so you should make many registry and path modifications just to run it.

- It has many memory leaks that cause CARM problems and lockups

- Postscript printing problems

- Printing preview lockups

- Saving backups and autobackups errors

Search Corel newsgroups for many other XP/CD10 issues that Corel SP1 does not fix. Also Corel's support really sucks. They almost never answer email or newsgroup posts.

Inray, you have jinxed me!

I haven't experienced any problems with Corel10 so far, but then I don't use it that often.

Last night, as I was using Corel, I started experiencing all kinds of lockups and other weird behaviour (every time I pasted something, CARM started up...); AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT laugh

Seriously, Corel might be a huge, steaming pile of cr*p, but what other (decent) alternatives are out there? Any suggestions anyone?

Rgds

AndyF

photoshop cannot be compare to Corel

Its really not the same thing

Quote:

photoshop cannot be compare to Corel

Its really not the same thing

I think he was talking about Photoshop as a replacement to Corel PhotoPaint...?

AndyF

I have it, and it works. But it works very slowly, and that is compared to when I used Win Me. So it is to say, VERY slowly.