Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
adsl_keeki

CD Burning problem in XP (help help help)

Yo everyone!

I have an ACER 8*4*32 cdwriter and it works fine in Win2000. After I swtich to XP RTM 2600, I receive an error message "SCSI target error" at about 25% burning process from Nero Burn 5.5 <--- similar error message in Easy CD 5.0 too. This funniest fun is the burner uses IDE interface instead of SCSI, so what exactly is scsi target error?. Newest ASPI is installed and still no go........Anyone????

Anyone give me some suggestion please...I really like XP (with all the visual options disabled) and would like to keep the acer writer (oh $99cnd when I bought it few months ago)....Thanks

Guys....I get it to work by switching the cdwriter to PIO4... For ppl whom cannot get their burner to work... Give it a try~!~

Was that a buffer underrun? What board you have, and did you install all UDMA drivers for the IDE controllers (if it's a VIA them you must).

Burning at a lower speed, that could have helped probably too...

Also make sure you're running the latest version of Nero - that's the only one that is officially compatible with XP (I had no problems with earlier versions, but that doesn't mean it will be the same for everyone else!)

AndyF